“I have found "our spot".”
Review of Hotel Fleming

Hotel Fleming
and 1 more site!
Hotel Fleming
Ranked #176 of 305 Hotels in Mexico City
comox valley, bc
“I have found "our spot".”
Reviewed 24 November 2011

We were desparate to find a hotel on a busy weekend as our plans suddenly changed and we arrived without a reservation. We checked 20 hotels and all were full. We walked into the hotel fleming and were greeted pleasently my an english speaking older man who said they were going to be very busy but showed us a room anyways. We couldn't check in until the next day as we had found a place for one night but would have to move. They actually held the room for us and said to be there at 9am the next morning. They checked us in right away and gave us a junior suite with a king size bed, and the biggest mexican bathroom I've ever seen with a juccuzi tub big enough for two adults to swim in (lol), a separate shower stall, and a separate toilet room. Super hot water too. All for only 550 pesos a night. They have 2 computers available in the lobby but they are very expensive. 40 pesos for one hour and its on a timer so it will shut off when the time it up so be aware. Breakfast is decent in the restaurant too. We would stay here again!

Room Tip: get the junior suite.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EatWell2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed 19 March 2011

I have been pleasantly surprised with the Fleming hotel. My friend suggested we stay here and it has been a good experience. The front desk has been helpful with good patience for English people. The restaurant was ok. But the 2nd day I was treated very poorly. No worries there is lots of places to eat nearby. The room was 550 pesos with a jaccuzi. ... Very nice touch!

• Stayed March 2011
2 Thank Band1t
Annemasse, France
Reviewed 5 December 2010

We stayed 3 night there.
Staff isn't really sympathetic, they just do the job.

LOCATION
10min walk from historic center, 2min walk from the Metro station Juarez.
Quiet place (for Mexico City...)

SERVICES
Breakfast is included but there's a restaurant. We just had breakfast there, it's not really expensive and OK.
There's free WIFI even in the room. They provide a PC but you'll have to pay. I don't recommand to use it, because the payment system isn't pratical and expensive, you can find internet cafe 200m in the North East.

ROOMS
Quite big (6m x 4m), clean.
Beds are kind of hard but enough confortable.
We chose a "court" view room (don't expect any view), it was quiet enough.

I recommand this hotel to visit Mexico City, even if the staff isn't really friendly.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Damslapougne
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 2 December 2010

Great for the price, pretty close to all the fun things in the middle of the historic center. Rooms are clean. We stayed Sunday night and it was loud across the street but by 10 PM, it died down.

The staff is rather unsmiling. If you don't care about that sort of thing, it's fine but it's a little eerie to get extremely efficient service... and blank stares.

Three things: we stayed two nights and both mornings, there was a natural gas odor in our room. It was a little unsettling. I also phoned the restaurant to ask if there was free or discounted breakfasts for guests and his answer was pretty rude. No worries; there's plenty of great places to eat nearby. Lastly, we phoned a nearby restaurant about their hours and the call was less than a minute but the charge wound up being about $32 (pesos). Yikes!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Burlington, Iowa
Reviewed 22 May 2010

This hotel was very nice. the staff was very friendly. I speak very little spanish but I was still able to communicate with them because most of them spoke a little english. The restaurant was nice but I would not eat there more than a couple of time because there are so many different restaurants that are only a couple blocks away. I was traveling with a small group (20 people). The elevator was very small and it took us all a long time to get our stuff upstairs. Also the sound carries in the hallways very well. We could hear our neighbors conversations. No washcloths, but that is very common in Mexico so bring your own. Very good location for sight seeing, many things are within walking distance.

• Stayed May 2010
2 Thank kenlynn2007
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 18 May 2010

I've been frequently traveling to Mexico City for 20 years now. I try to always stay at the hotel Fleming. I've stayed at other places, but this is still my first choice.
Safe, Clean, Great Location, the staff always treats me like family, and I've never found a better price anywhere in the city.
The only drawback is that on Sunday nights there is a youth event across the street that gets a bit loud. Also there is no heating or air-conditioning, but 99% of the time that doesn't matter in Mexico City. The ceiling fans are all I ever need there. Free wifi in the lobby. The restaurant is fine. Nothing fancy, but it is convenient.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank daddyogrande
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 6 May 2009

If you are looking for a clean, safe and centrally located hotel this hidden gem is worth a taxi ride from the airport. While the neighborhood might seem a little seedy to someone new to latin american travel I never felt unsafe at any hour of the day or night. Alameda Park is just two blocks away and several more blocks of walking will get you to the Zocalo (main square). Some of the rooms are a little small so if you are staying for several nights ask for a little more space. The staff is quite helpful and many have been there for years.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled on business