“Quiet, clean, well located & a great deal!”
Review of Hotel Milan

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mexico City
Hotel Milan
Ranked #153 of 310 Hotels in Mexico City
Oakland, Ca
“Quiet, clean, well located & a great deal!”
Reviewed 11 May 2010

I spent a week at the Hotel Milan during my first visit to Mexico City and found Hotel Milan to be a perfect choice. It was the best priced hotel in the Roma area I found online before my trip, at about $50 US per night for a double room with two beds and a fan. Visitors who don't need a full-on luxury hotel and just want a nice, quiet hotel in a great neighborhood will do well to choose Hotel Milan. The room we had was pretty small, but recently remodeled and very comfortable. Alvaro Obregon is a tree-lined main street in the Roma with lots of cafes, shops and fondas, well situated within walking distance to two metro stops and Condesa. Although they do have a website and it appears that you can book your reservation online, I was told that function is not working. They can be reached by email at hmilan94@hotmail.com and a room can be booked that way.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Coopz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Berkeley, CA
Reviewed 8 January 2010

As I'd already been advised by reviewers before me, this hotel is so no-frills it's practically decor-less. No quaint Mexican charm here. Just clean, modern, functional, and safe, with excellent service. My single room was small, but well-outfitted (except for the usual Mexican low-light which is less than ideal for reading) and comfortable. The desk service was efficient, polite, and helpful. For 450 pesos a night (single) in a good neighborhood, a steal.

Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank hypnolinguist
Northfield, Minnesota
Reviewed 27 March 2008

This hotel was a real find, after a couple less than fabulous experiences elsewhere. The neighborhood is great, there is a terrific organic coffee shop next door, and the connections with the rest of the city are very convenient. The hotel itself seems a good deal more polished and refined than its cost would indicate. The room (we were on the interior side) was clean and nicely decorated; above all, it was quiet. Overall, I would call this far and away the best value of hotels we found in the city. Free spirit that I am, it is seldom that I can say that I wouldn't consider looking for a change of scenery on my next visit to a place, but in this case it is the truth. The price is definitely right and the overall experience makes me look forward to my return.

• Liked — Good value for the money, fine location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled as a couple
Pátzcuaro, Michoacán
Reviewed 15 February 2008

We stayed at the Hotel Milan on two, separate nights earlier this month. The hotel is clean, modern and more than suited our needs. The style is modern-business hotel, bland but not unattractive.

The King size bed room is only $470 MXP, and despite being a bit on the small side, is clean and well maintained. It's comparable to a King room at the Hotel Catedral, in Centro, but the latter costs a bit more.

The bed is very comfortable. The shower and hot water supply are among the first things I notice in a hotel. At the Milan, the hot water arrived within a few seconds and was plentiful. There are the usual bath amenities.

I did not have a laptop along, so I could not try out the un-advertised Wi-Fi I'd read about on a travel forum.. There is a single, coin-accepting PC in the lobby, but it was out of order on our first night, and turned off when I wanted to use it on our second night. The night clerk did not seem to want to turn it on.
However, an Internet cafe, about 1 block west, "esCool", has high speed Internet access. There are even four Macs.

There is a restaurant, but we did not try it, preferring to eat at one of the original Bisquits Obregón located within a block away. The latter offers moderately priced, varied meals and is extremely popular.

We would stay there again when in the area.

• Liked — Price, comfort, location, cleanliness
  • Disliked — PC wasn't in working order
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Don C
Sydney
Reviewed 29 January 2008

I stayed here for 2 weeks in Jan 08. good 3 star hotel. I started with a room with a street view as it is a pleasant outlook, but as with most of Mexico City it was really noisy & made it hard to sleep. I transferred to a room at the back where the only view was a light well, but blessedly quiet. Rooms are nice & staff are friendly & helpful. Moderate English skills. Prices went up on Jan 1 '08. A single room was 390 pesos, up from 290.

Roma is a good area, plenty of cultural attractions & places to eat. Only a moderate walk to Insurgentes metro station or the metrobus line.

Stayed January 2008
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 25 January 2008

If you're looking for a hotel in Mexico City, you can do a lot worse. The facility is in a nice part of town, plenty of eating nearby and shopping, easy access to subways etc. Also, the hotel never mentions it but they have WiFi (computer access in the lobby too)! The rooms were clean, service was attentive and fast. The people at the front desk are happy to send bellhops to run errands (buy beer etc) for you. The hotel was nicely decorated, tasteful. Oh, the pillows were hard but that doesn't bother me.

Only one downside, the restaurant. The TVs (3!) in there were blaring so we never could tolerate the noise to order a meal. Too bad, it would have been convenient. I suggested that the manager try an experiment of lowering the volume to see if sales picked up; apparently we weren't the only ones who felt this way, the restaurant was always sparsely attended (the manager defended the practice saying it was a cultural thing). Also, one of the servers in there is really slow (we ordered coffee). Luckily, there's a coffee place right next door with faster service and better coffee. If it weren't for the restaurant ambiance, I would have given Hotel Milan five stars.

Pricing: great value! The rate for a room with one bed ("matrimonial") was $40 a night. The room rate for two beds is $25 a person (X2). The place was impeccably clean. Even their underground parking lot was immaculate. I didn't see a single piece of trash anywhere.

Caveat: the rooms are not heated. If it will be chilly in late afternoon, don't leave your windows open all day. I won't have a problem returning to this hotel if I go back to Mexico City.

Oh, if it matters, I don't know if they speak English.

• Liked — great value
  • Disliked — the restaurant
  • Stayed January 2008
Ireland & USA
Reviewed 9 July 2007

I stayed in the Hotel Milan twice in late 2006 (Nov & Dec). The location is great, in the trendy but still authentic Colonia Roma. 15 mins walk from Condesa, easy metro or taxi ride to the Centro Historico, 15 mins taxi to Polanco. Having lived in Mexico city for over 8 years I would rate the Milan tops for value for money. The rooms are priced about 10-15% over those of the Hostal La Moneda and other similar places, but the quality is FAR superior. Very clean rooms & bedding, A/C, spotless bathrooms, cable TV, even a complimentary sewing kit! If you don't mind a little street noise then get a room at the front looking over Calle Alvaro Obregon and the Casa Lamm across the road (excellent restaurant, if a tad pricey, good for a treat). Rooms at the back can be a little dark, looking over a central vestibule, but are quieter. The experience of the previous poster with nocturnal activities would be an exception, this isn't that type of hotel. There are many lovely little restaurants in the area, both along the main street and up side streets. For example, take a left on your exit from the hotel, then another left up Orizaba for 2 blocks to find a shady tree-filled plaza with fountains and lively eateries along one side.

This is the hotel I always recommend to friends travelling to the city who want to be central, comfortable, and economical (under US$50). At these prices it simply can't be beaten!

• Liked — Great value for money and very clean, comfortable rooms.
  • Disliked — Lack of wireless internet access
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled on business