“Adams Family Experience”

Ranked #257 of 310 Hotels in Mexico City
Monterrey, Mexico
“Adams Family Experience”
Reviewed 13 January 2011

This was my third time staying at the Polanco and was possibly the worst. My room had a tiny, backdated, poorly designed bathroom. I could not sit in the toilet without banging my nees with the lavatory.
The room was not clean, had pubic hairs in the sheets, and had a "dirty" smell.

Location is great, restaurant is good, but the overall experience is very poor.
I hope I never stay there again-

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Viaticatus

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
holland, mi
Reviewed 31 December 2010

This was my second stay at this hotel; the first stay was just a quick one nighter; this time I stayed for two nights.

The hotel, as other reviewers have noted, is dated and old. I stayed in a room on the 2nd floor which proved to be quite noisy--you could hear the street noise quite easily and it woke me up once in the middle of the night.

The room I stayed in clearly was extra space converted to a room. When I sat on the toilet my knees banged up against the wall; and I'm 5'11--not that tall!

The bed was absolutely terrible, rock hard, if I had a sleeping bag I would have slept in it on the floor and probably would have been more comfortable. The lighting in the room isn't that great either; especially if you plan on doing some work by the meager desk.

I opted to stay at this place because the other big chains in the area seemed real expensive especially for Mexico City. But avoid this place. It's basically got the charm of a Motel 6 or Super 8.

The only positive about this place is the adjacent Italian restaurant (which isn't owned by the hotel) is a pretty good place for dinner.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank travel49424

Travellers are raving about these Mexico City hotels

Jaragua Do Sul, SC
Reviewed 31 December 2010

I was quite disapointed. The rooms are very noise, no clean in the bed. They don't accept credit cards to payment.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank gilzacarlafloriani
Reviewed 14 February 2010

The dining room lends itself to connecting with other traverse and share experiences. The evening meal can easily stretch into many hours.

Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hostamanfred
Romulus
Reviewed 16 September 2009

The hotel rooms are very outdated, but clean. The staff is very nice & helpful. The hotel is in a very good area that is safe and has a lot to do. I stayed 3 nights and then moved to a larger hotel. I was on business and need a better bed/shower. If I had been on vacation, this hotel would have been fine. Good Price.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
D.C.
Reviewed 27 December 2007

We were terribly disappointed with this hotel. The rooms are small European style) which we expected from other reviews but they are poorly laid out-(one with a large step into the bathroom which caused my partner to hit his head) but that was not the real reason this hotel was terrible. The rooms were dirty. I took a sanitizing cloth and wiped many surfaces. Within seconds, my cloth was filthy> I brought it to the front desk..they moved us into an equally dirty room. The bedspread had stains. The mold was thick and stained in the shower. It was really unacceptable. Not all but most of the front desk staff were either rude or inaccurate with information shared. They were not very "Norte" friendly which after spending a week in Merida, Yuctean was real shock. This is my fourth trip to DF and the ONLY time I have received such treatment. I would not recommend this hotel for friendliness or cleanliness.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — filth
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank judgereferee
Guadalajara, Mexico
Reviewed 10 December 2007

I will explain you my experience in this hotel this simple, I leave the hotel 1 hour after arriving to it.

They charged 120 USD for such a simple hotel, small room, horrible view of room, everything is extremelly simple, including the faucets, sanitaryware and even the soaps.

The location is very nice, in the middle of one of the nicest places in Mexico City, but if you are used to luxury, this is not the hotel.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Very poor amenities
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled on business