“The Best of Mexico City”

JW Marriott Hotel Mexico City Santa Fe
Ranked #24 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I live in the US and travel every two weeks into Mexico, specifically Mexico City. I love my stays at the JW Marriott Santa Fe. The people make it really special; from the concierge (Cesar!), bell boys, the front line staff, house maids, the staff in the executive lounge --- they are all just awesome! Something is going on right at this hotel. Why? Because the entire staff is in sync to make you feel like a special guest. That is why I love this hotel, the staff, the great rooms, the amazing views of the city. My favorite part is the lounge on the 14th floor and also the live jazz music. I am greeted with a musician when I walk in after a hard day of work. How awesome is that! The food is always awesome. I could continue to rave about this location. I will leave it at the fact it is my favorite place to stay in all of Mexico for business or leisure in the big city!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mel R
GM JW Marriott ... M, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Mexico City Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Mel R,

We are super thrilled about your review!
It makes us very proud to know that we have fulfilled our commitment with you, the fact that you felt like a special appreciated guest because we are all in sync to achieve that.
Every detail about our Hotel is orchestrated in order to make you feel like you are the only guest here.

Thank you for giving us such kind comments. We can't wait to have you back!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 24 July 2014

My first trip to Mexico City was made perfect by my stay at the JW Marriott in Santa Fe. The hotel is beautiful and one of the best that have ever stayed in. The location is in one of the nicer sections of the city and the amenities were awesome. The executive lounge and the food prepared for it was spectacular with a full range of entree's and drinks. The staff including concierge and others were friendly and extremely helpful with any question I had. I highly recommend that if you are travelling to Mexico City you stay at this hotel.

1  Thank Bradsass
GM JW Marriott ... M, Director General at JW Marriott Hotel Mexico City Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Aprpeciated Guest,

To know that you had a perfect trip is what motivates us everyday. That is our main commitment to you, a flawless stay where you can focus on what really maters to you and leave the rest to us.

Our entire staff, specially the Concierge departmen, is always at your disposal to help you with whatever need you have.

Thank you for recommending us to other fellow Trip Advisor users, hope you honor us with another visit in a near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is the 2nd time we stay at the JW Marriot in Santa Fe and I have to say that I have never been so pampered in my whole life. They truly know how to make guests feel at home and their service is amazing.
I love how the hotel is perfect size and that even when its full I still feel like I'm the only one there.

AMAZING FOOD BOTH ROOM SERVICE AND RESTAURANTS
AMAZING SPA, LOVED THE SERVICE, WORTH EVERY PENNY
MAGNIFICENT STAFF

I'm crossing my fingers so that my company chooses this hotel next year for our annual event.

I love JW :)

Dear Priscilla,

We are more than happy and proud to know that we fulfilled our commitment to you and your company: to make you feel like you are the most special guest in our entire hotel.

To know that this is the second year you choose to stay with here filled us with joy and serves as a challenge to overcome each year. Nothing would make us happier to confirm hosting you again next year.

Did you enjoyed the special amenities we had specially crafted for you? We surely did!

Thank you for your time and preference. We would love to see you next year again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed at this property last week while on business in Mexico. The hotel seems to be relatively new and was very comfortable. The room was very nice with a good bed and the bathroom had both a shower and a separate bathtub.

The Cua restaurant was available for breakfast. The service was very good and the buffet had most everything you would need.

I believe the hotel is located in the Financial and business district. Many large international companies were located in the area, which if you wanted to were in walking distance. Across the street there was a nice mall with restaurants though other restaurants were a short ride or walk away.

The lounge was very nice. Good service to obtain a drink or even have a quick dinner or snack. They had live music each evening when I was there.

The only negative was the internet access. They provide a custom code to access the internet. The first code did not work for me and had to obtain a second one. This worked fine but the speed was below what I would expect. Then the code expired the day before I was checking out and needed to obtain a 3rd password.

Dear Shoejack20,

We are happy to know that you liked the hotel and enjoyed your stay with us. We truly appreciate your time in sharing with us your experience in such a detailed manner.

Be confident that we have verified what exactly happened with the internet issue you mentioned so it never happens again.

Again, thanks for your preference. We look forward to host your next stay in town again.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I brought my family to Mexico City for summer vacation, and stayed at the JW Marriott in Santa Fe...for the last 14 years, I have always stayed at the JW Marriott in Polanco. I was very pleasantly surprise to see some of the staff at the Santa Fe location.

The hotel is beautiful, comfortable, and in a nice quiet area, will conveniences near by...restaurants, shopping, and entertainment. The staff, was very attentive, and helpful...always willing to help. Chris Barrera was an outstanding bellboy, and a great example of the staff at the jw Marriott Santa Fe.

Room Tip: Get a room with city view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Dan L,

It has been an honor to receive feedback from such an experienced traveler like yourself.
Eventhough our Hotel is located in the most important corporate area of México, it is surrounded by activities that our guests can enjoy with their families. Our staf, specially the Concierge Department, is always happy to help you organize your trip so that you can focus on what matters the most: ENJOYING YOUR STAY!

We are very proud to know that our bellboy Chris was able to leave a good lasting memory on you and your family.

Thank you for all the years that you've been loyal to the JW Marriott brand. We can't wait to have you back!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Hotel seems to be rather new. Great bathroom design and awesome views. The location is a little remote. You definitely need a car if you are staying there. There is a mall right next door but that's about it. If you have business in Reforma, it will take you a long time to get there due to Mexico's horrible traffic. The room was a nice size and very clean.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor to ensure a great view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
GM JW Marriott ... M, Director General at JW Marriott Hotel Mexico City Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Let me begin by thanking you for choosing our hotel on your recent stay in Mexico City.

As you well mentioned, we just celebrated our 2nd anniversary and it has been a true delight to provide an exceptional experience to such distinguished guests like yourself.

The area of Santa Fe offers you access within minutes to cutting-edge restaurants, bars, cafes, boutiques, and one of the largest shopping malls in Latin America. Also, some of the city's most notable corporations and universities are all just steps away.
We have a Concierge department that is always ready to assist you in case you need to move around town and enjoy everything that the area has to offer.

We will be happy to welcome you again anytime soon.

Thank you, kind regards.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Nice property generally but not of JW quality. Good for a regular marriott but not for a JW. The rooms are a tad small. In my room there were blue streaks running down the bathroom wall (what they were I wondered), the ceiling in the shower looked like it was falling--just a really sloppy paint job.The hallway had food spilled on it. And the lounge offered only cold eggs and, a major surprise for Mexico, no tortillas. Front desk staff when I checked in was perfunctory. Asked for a room away from elevator and clerks says in what is now a routine at marriott, "we have a very nice room for you" and then puts me in a room right next to elevator. Oh well. I was surprised the windows were not soundproofed. Almost every room faces a major street and the noise is noticeable. There is a Westin nearby and a Hilton across the street. Might look into these in future stays.

Room Tip: Don't expect JW quality.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank reviewer613
GM JW Marriott ... M, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Mexico City Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Guest,

We want to thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay in our Hotel.
Please accept our most sincere apology for the inconveniences presented during your stay.

Your comments have been analyzed by the Executive Committee in order to develop an action plan that guarantees a superb quality service and a well maintained facilities. Because we do have soundproofed windows, we will put all rooms under a strict sound test.

Thank you very much for your feedback and we look forward to host you once again in the near future. We ask for that opportunity.

Kind Regards,