“Very nice hotel - but still working out the Kinks”

InterContinental Presidente Santa Fe
Ranked #43 of 307 Hotels in Mexico City
Mexico City, Mexico
“Very nice hotel - but still working out the Kinks”
Reviewed 24 June 2012

This is a really beautiful new hotel, but unfortunately they probably opened a little too premature. They really shouldn't be charging their regular room rates for a hotel that is less than fully functional.

The rooms are truly exquisite. Tastefully decorated, extremely comfortable, high ceilings, fantastic views, an exceptional bathroom, and one of the most comfortable beds I have slept in for a very long time. Great work space, lots of closet space and nice amenities.

A word of caution though: the room descriptions are not very accurate. I thought I would splurge for a weekend on a "KING SUITE", based on the website room and rate description. Here is the reality of what you might find:

*Dinner Snacks, complimentary - NO
*Drinks, complimentary - Not offered
*Lunch Snacks, complimentary - NO
*Separate Check-In Area - NO
*Club access - NO
* Terrace - not all King suites have terraces, and I was given a room without one. They did finally change me to a room with a terrace, and this was very nice.
*Coffee Maker - only if you like espresso
*Kitchenette - kinda
*Mini Bar & Mini Refrigerator - just the mini bar
*Plates/Glassware - just the glasses
*Pots/Pans/Serving Dishes - Nope
*Silverware - no
*Tea Maker - no
*Sofabed - no

I am starting to think they didn't give me a suite, but charged me for one.

Great restaurant selection, but many were closed as they were still under construction, including my favorite, The Palm, which was a huge disappointment.

However, my meal at Au Pied de Cochon was excellent. Great food, great wine, great service, great ambiance.

Additionally the AC didn't work, but I was warned upon check-in, and the temporary portable AC unit was adequate. Other small issues such as the telephones not programmed correctly (impossible to make any call within or outside hotel), the leaking shower door flooding my bathroom, ice machine not working on the floor and having to wait 30 minutes for room service to deliver ice, etc. No big deals, but when paying full rate, it is a big deal. I would have expected some sort of additional perk besides free softdrinks, as was offered by the hotel GM.

I hope once everything gets worked out and fully functional I can stay here again, as I'm sure it would be a wonderful experience, but until then I will chose another hotel on my next (and very frequent) trip to Mexico City.

Thanks!

Room Tip: Room descriptions aren't accurate. Verify upon making reservation and/or checking in.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Presidente Santa Fe, responded to this review, 27 July 2012
Dear pfgdl,

Thank you for posting a detailed review of our property. I am delighted that you found our hotel beautiful and that you enjoyed dining at Au Pied de Cochon. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had with your room accommodations and the services you received during your stay. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

I really appreciate your feedback and we welcome any opportunity to improve.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)