“Best I've stayed at in a while”

InterContinental Presidente Santa Fe
Ranked #45 of 306 Hotels in Mexico City
Weston, Florida
“Best I've stayed at in a while”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

I travel almost 50% of my time. This place was definitely working hard to differentiate themselves and I think they did well

I first arrived and greeted by the most friendly Concierge at the motor level. She came with me. Up to the check in. every day i saw her it was a warm and genuine greeting.

The room was awesome. Great view. I was on floor 42. Although I don't believe is was the 42 story. Different numbering system. Room was also spacious with a nice modern flair. I had a room at the entrance with table and chairs for 4.

After the first night all our team returned to the rooms where we each had Perrier water and mini bottle of jack Daniels.

The only think that could make this the perfect business hotel would be to improve the food.. And cost of wine !

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Art N
BVerones, General Manager at InterContinental Presidente Santa Fe, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing with the tripadvisor family and for giving this feedback to us, it definitely helps our team to keep improving every day.

Our core objective is to create unique experiences for our guests. This is what we focus on every day, we know that finding a moment to relax and enjoy a small treat after a long day is essential to our guests.

We would be glad to welcome you again in this your home Presidente InterContinental Santa Fe Mexico, it will be a pleasure for all my team

Gerente General / General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Westminster, CO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

I recently stayed here 1 night for business.
To start off with the good . . . the staff of the hotel (outside of front desk, which I will explain) was extremely friendly and accommodating. Greetings, offers of help, etc, make you feel welcome and attended to.
Location is great for business. Very convenient to lots of food choices, etc.
Hotel is very tall and grand looking. The view from the room is impressive. The size of the room is okay, and the bathroom is very modern with glassed-in shower, etc.
However, I felt the front desk management did NOT do a good job, and there were some issues with the room as well.
First off, I made a mistake. There are 2 Intercontinental Presidente Hotels in Mexico City. I in fact reserved the wrong one. The staff did call the other hotel, and help cancel the reservation (it was past the cancellation deadline). I had reserved the other hotel for $250 a night, but unfortunately, this hotel ended up costing $420 a night with taxes.
The front desk really wasn't sure what rate to charge me . . . they switched from English to Spanish in front of me to discuss rate . . . but I knew what they were talking about. Why not just tell me what the issue is directly? I interrupted them and said, "Just please charge me your best rate available".
Okay, while not totally happy with that experience, at least I had a room for the night close to my customer location, instead of having to taxi 1 hour to the other Presidente hotel.
Room issues . . . at $420 a night, I was expecting something fantastic. The room was nice, but had pencil/pen markings on the desk, wall, and window shades. Not completely clean.
I also had 2 not-so-nice surprises in the morning. First, the hot water in my shower did not work. It took about 10 minutes to finally warm up (not hot, just warm). Second, there was NO hair dryer anywhere in the room! $420 a night, huh?
All of this could have been EASILY handled at checkout. While the front desk personnel were cheerful, no one asked me how my stay was. So, I gave them my feedback unsolicited.
At this point, the Front Desk manager interjects, "DID YOU CHECK ALL THE DRAWERS?!?"
Are you kidding me??? Yes, I needed a hairdryer to dry my hair, so yes I checked all the drawers in the entire room, not just the bathroom, if it even matters to you.
Hey "Manager", How about an apology? Or seeing how you can make it right? You added NOTHING to the conversation, and you easily could have.
Overall, I received very poor value and had a poor experience here. I was surprised, as I read many positive reviews. Maybe the front desk management was having a bad day.
So, I would hope you have a better stay. I did rate the hotel a 3 instead of 2 because I messed up the reservation initially, and they helped me out. And the non-front desk staff was very gracious.
I won't stay at this hotel again. My experiences at the nearby JW Marriott and NH Santa Fe have been far better . . . I should have just stayed with either of them. Consider those hotels as worthy alternatives to this hotel.
I did provide the hotel the courtesy of responding to my concerns via direct feedback rating email from their hotel. I consider that only fair if I am going to report a negative experience. However, I received no reply to my feedback, even after requesting it.

Room Tip: Pick a room on a high floor for a great view. Don't accept a room without clean walls and doubl...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank valor155
BVerones, Director General at InterContinental Presidente Santa Fe, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Dear guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for giving us your comments, they are very important to us and please be assured that I have already taken care of the situation that you mentioned and involved every department in its solution.

As you accurately mentioned, there are two InterContinental hotels in Mexico City, one located in Polanco and the second one in Santa Fe Business District. During your stay with us you have been lodged in a 60 square meters King Suite that features a balcony and an amazing view of the whole city, even the Volcanoes in the early morning.

As one of our standards we have removed the electronic devices such as the hair dryer from the plugs and have placed them in an elegant bag that is located in one of the bathroom drawers.

Once again, thank you for important feedback.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

A very good Hotel and perfect for 2 days of business meetings in Santa Fe.
Wonderful views of the City and great restaurants on site as well as near by.
The rooms are modern and very nice. Definitely worth a look if staying in Santa Fe.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
BVerones, Director General at InterContinental Presidente Santa Fe, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Lovely guest,
First of all, I would like to thank you for writing such nice comments and sharing with the Tripadvisor family,
It will be a pleasure to receive you soon again in your home, The Presidente InterContinental Hotel Santa Fe Mexico city, our passion is to serve you.
San Jose del Cabo, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

Everything was great until room service came in, (First night) four times to order some wine to the room which I talked to three people to find which one they had in stock, okay I understand but please don’t tell me the only bottle is one of the most expense one they have. (First Morning) which forgot my order and I was heading to a conference so that is not good trying to eat before!!! When I called I was cut off three times!!! Then when it arrived was wrong.... Last night took over an hour for room service.... Hugo but was super helpful trying to fix the situation I wished I had him from the beginning. Jasmine who was taking the order was very rude; i don’t think she spoke English then don’t answer the phone at a international business hotel. I can totally understand a few blips, because the rest of my stay was great but the biggest area to fix is your room service SERVICE. So I hope management reviews the system in that department, because it was wonderful place. The rooms are really nice and innovated. Large windows with high ceilings overlooking the beautiful city at night were amazing. Shower water pressure was great even had a foot step for ladies trying to shave. IF you going to eat somewhere close by the hotel go to the PALM, was incredible food and service. King fish was so/so….

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
BVerones, Director General at InterContinental Presidente Santa Fe, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Dear guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time and consideration to give us your appreciations and comments on your stay with us at Presidente InterContinental Santa Fe. It is through your comments that we have the opportunity to see our improvement areas and work on them. Please be assured that we are already taking actions regarding the details you mention.

We would like to have the opportunity to welcome you again at Presidente InterContinental Santa Fe México and create for you a better and unforgettable stay this time.

Again, thank you for your comments

Bernard Andre Verones
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

2nd visit and excellent service, food and location. Walking distance from large shopping centre and in house several good restaurants. Rooms very well set out with everything needed. Apparently internet will be free worldwide for gold+ members from July which is currently the only small downside of with a small extra charge. Great value buffet in the business centre worth doing if you want to get out of your room and catch up on emails over dinner. Much better location than staying in town and getting hit with the traffic travelling to and from Santa Fe. Fitness centre is a little small and they could do with a sauna or steam room.

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
BVerones, Director General at InterContinental Presidente Santa Fe, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Dear guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for your time , sharing with the tripadvisor family, your experience in your home, The Presidente InterContinental Hotel Santa Fe Mexico City.
In fact I would like to add that yes we have Saunas (ladies $ gentleman’s) in each restroom in the gym.
We are looking forward to see you soon again and it will be a pleasure to welcome you.
Saludos from Santa Fe Mexico City,

San Jose, Costa Rica
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

Really a top notch hotel though getting in and out is a bit quirky as the lobby is on the 30th floor. I had a huge room on the 40th floor for 160 USD. Room is well appointed and very modern. Good location if you need to be in and around Santa Fe.

• Stayed May 2013
BVerones, Director General at InterContinental Presidente Santa Fe, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
Dear guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking your time to share such nice comments with the tripadvisor family.

It is a pleasure to receive you in your home, the Presidente InterContinental Santa Fe Hotel in Mexico City and yes we offer the best location in the zone. We are at walking distance from a few corporate business, hospital, mall, restaurants, etc.

In the building where the hotel is located, you can find over 6 restaurants including the two world famous: PALM AND AU PIED DE COCHON.

because the building was designed for departments that is why the rooms are so spacious

The entire staff and myself will be very happy to receive you soon again.

Lugano, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

The hotel is amazing, very modern, the best part is the room. Huge windows overlooking Santa Fe area, very high ceiling and large bathroom. I recommend this location for business only, being located in the business district of Santa Fe. For tourists is a bit far from the city center

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
BVerones, Director General at InterContinental Presidente Santa Fe, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time and sharing such comments with the Tripadvisor family.
It is always great full to read the satisfaction of our guest in his experiences in his home; Presidente InterContinental Santa Fe Mexico City and our passion is to serve you.
We looking forward to see you soon.