Most negative reviews of hotels I read are over-the-top, people seem to be annoyed about things that I would let pass me by. But, a few things you should know about Downtown Mexico:
1) It is very noisy, we couldn't sleep at night without ear plugs (I have never had this anywhere before). We asked what the banging sound at 5am was, we were told that this would be raised with the manager, we heard nothing further.
2) The rooms are (exceptionally) dark.
3) The room was not clean, as in you would walk accross the floor and your feet were filthy by the other side.
4) The staff were untirely uninterested in assisting with any request (we asked for directions to some decent local bars, we were met with blank faces).
If you can put up with these things there is a great bar (albeit sometimes busy with private parties), cool pool and the hotel looks great, the design features are impressive.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Downtown Mexico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Downtown Mexico Mexico City