“Good Value and great Neighbourhood!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Distrito Condesa

Distrito Condesa
Ranked #11 of 141 Mexico City B&B and Inns
london
“Good Value and great Neighbourhood!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

I recently stayed at Distrito Condesa after having a problem with my booking at Condesa Haus and I have to say I loved it there. I was surprised when I arrived to be staying in such a nice neighbourhood, it's very green and leafy and there are plenty of great bars and shops within a 5 minute walk of the B&B.

The room was great, we stayed in the loft suite although it's actually on the ground floor, it is nicely laid out and spacious with a kitchenette and very comfy bed, I loved the furniture too very modernist and stylish, it felt more like a studio apartment than a hotel room.

Breakfast was included and was really nice, we had a different mexican breakfast everyday including quesadillas, tamales and mexican eggs. You can also help yourself to tea if you wake up early.

The staff were very friendly and relaxed and always willing to help. The cleaners were great too, whenever we returned from our day trips the rooms were spotless!

If your an independent traveller who likes to explore for yourself this is a great base for Mexico city. It's great to get away from the bussel of the centre in Condessa, I felt very safe here too. Highly recommended, I would definitely return if back in DF.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

I enjoyed staying at Distrito Condesa. The staff was very welcoming and hospitable.

First of all, the area is great--you can walk to dozens of great bars, restaurants, and even a couple of nightclubs. As a solo traveler, it was important for me to be walking distance to everything I wanted and to the hotel, as well as to be in a safe area where I could walk by myself. I was able to walk to Chapultepec Park (20-30 minutes), the Museo Nacional de Antropologia (20 minutes), and tons of bars and restaurants in the area (less than five minutes). The area is beautiful and since I was there in the spring, there were flowers blooming everywhere, making it look lush and vibrant. Although the area is primarily residential, there are tons of restaurants sprinkled throughout. It is lovely in the daytime, and while the avenues are pretty well-lit at night, the streets can be very dark so just be careful and aware of your surroundings.

The room I got was the loft/suite which is actually on the ground level, not on the top as the name suggests. The room was nice with a great layout for an individual or couple. There is no AC so if you want air you need to open the window which makes it a little bit loud since it faces the street. Not sure how this is in the other rooms since I don't know where they are located. The studio has a kitchenette which would have been convenient had I actually had any food! I ended up trying as many of the local walking-distance restaurants as possible, so I didn't actually use the kitchen.

The breakfast each morning was great--although definitely not like anything I'm used to. The first morning I had "chilaquiles" or "nachos" for you Americanos. The second day was quesadillas which were pretty standard (but smaller than their American counterparts). And the third day was tamales which I personally love, but they aren't for everyone. If you don't like anything they will make you eggs or something, but I did like everything :-)

I took cabs when I needed to go to other parts of the city (like the bus station to go to the pyramids, the Coyoacan district, el Centro/Zocalo). They were always quick to arrive to pick me up at Distrito Condesa. However, since the city is so spread out, it can be pretty expensive.

Overall, I would highly recommend staying here. Pros: friendly staff, clean rooms, spacious, nice area, lots to do, good food, comfy bed, walk to food and bars. Cons: no A/C, a little loud if you're in the front room. No major complaints.

I really want to come back to Mexico City and stay here again! I love Condesa and I love this place! I will definitely be staying here again whenever I return :-)

Room Tip: The "loft" is actually on the ground floor and faces the street. It has a kitchenette and...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank caseyh06
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

My husband and I have visited Mexico City several times, and this is our favorite area. There are so many great restaurants and cafes and it's a very safe area. We recently stayed Distrito Condesa and were very happy with the experience. The space is airy and beautiful. The room was spacious, had a comfortable bed, a TV and wifi reached everywhere. The breakfast was delicious and plenty! We highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Rijeka, Croatia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Distrito Condesa. Everything (location, room, breakfast, etc) was nice but the best thing was hospitality of Alessandro, Fernando and Dalia. Thank you guys for a wonderful time!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

My son and I stayed here for 9 nights. It's located in a peaceful, leafy green neighbourhood - the perfect place to come home to after a busy day spent sight seeing in the city centre. The metro station is just a short walk.There are beautiful examples of art deco architecture and a wide range of great bars and cafes to choose from at night. On the weekend you can sit in the local park, eat cakes from a great bakery and listen to a really good jazz band busking. The quality of the staff really ensures the success of this place. They were consistently helpful with suggestions and booking tours etc. They even went out of their way to assist my son with a passport problem on a public holiday. Bedrooms were very comfortable and immaculately cleaned. The breakfasts delicious and freshly prepared. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: My one minor criticism would be the bathroom in Bedroom 3. Whilst it was functional, it wasn't f...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Montreal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2013

Stayed 7 nights at Distrito Condesa a week ago. I had a very good stay. Staff was helpful with questions and tips about Mexico DF life. The breakfasts were very good. Nice selection. Nothing to complain about.

My room was on the top floor, facing the interior court. Very clean and quiet enough. Only complaint would be the pressure and water temperature of the shower. Not a major one!

What I enjoyed most was the location. Condesa is REALLY a nice spot to enjoy Mexico DF life. It is filled with nice bars, restaurants, etc. And, it revealed to be a very safe area too. Don't miss Parque Mexico surrounded by Mexico and Amsterdam streets. A must!

Retrospectively, I think it was a good idea to choose an accomodation that was not in Centro Historico or Zona Rosa. Condesa (and Roma) are more "human".
I will recommend Distrito Condesa to my friends. And, definitely be back to Mexico DF soon. It's a city worth discovering, despite its (so not deserved) bad reputation.

Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Distrito Condesa. The area is safe and lovely for walking. Many restaurants, bars, and shops nearby. About 6 blocks to the metro. The staff was very friendly and helpful and onsite from 8am to 10pm. The breakfasts were great with a cooked specialty every morning.

The only issue is that there is an event location next door that had a long, loud party on Friday night. Our room (#6) was in the back and we did not hear anything but friends staying in the front 2 rooms said the party went on until about 4am and was very noisy. If this is a concern, ask for a room in back.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends