“Best Choice”

Ranked #11 of 151 Mexico City B&B and Inns
Oakland, California
“Best Choice”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I am so impressed with this B&B. Super stylish, excellent value, super clean, comfortable beds, the sweetest owners and friendly, helpful staff! We stayed twice in DistritoCondesa and can't wait to come back. The neighborhood is charming, conveniently located and safe for walking, even at night (two ladies alone...). Nice bars and restaurants and a weekly market a few blocks away. I can't say enough about this B&B and the sweetest owners.......THE BEST!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Peri B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I really enjoyed my stay in Distrito Condesa. It is ideally located in the Condesa neighborhood, and everything is provided for a very comfortable stay. Fernando and Alessandro were the perfect hosts. The Staff was also very kind and we enjoyed everyday the delicious breakfasts. If you are planning to visit the beautiful Mexico City I highly recommend you to stay in Distrito Condesa. I promise to come back!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank VeroKar
Reviewed 15 August 2013

My sister and I stayed at Distrito Condesa for five nights and had a great experience. We would definately stay here again and recommend it to friends as well. The location was great-- lots to do in the neighborhood and safe to walk around at night. The B&B itself was chic with modern decor. They also served great breakfasts-- every morning they had both western options and a Mexican entree available. Most importantly, the staff was knowledgeable and helpful. They offered to print out maps to make navigating the area easier, made suggestions for things to do and places to go, and offered to make reservations for us.

• Stayed August 2013
Philadelphi
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times and it has always been a great experience. The first time I booked the hotel it was because of it's great location and value, a combination that is nearly impossible to find in this neighborhood (La Condesa). But now I can also say that the rooms are quite chic, the staff is friendly and they serve a great breakfast.

Room Tip: They have a newly-renovated suite on the first floor that is great but it is also quite close to the...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 25 July 2013

The location is spot on, right next to all the night life of Condesa.
I felt very safe while exploring the area and parks close by during the day.
The staff were friendly and whatever issue we had was sorted out quickly.
We stayed in a suite with a kitchenette and a small bathroom...
Good breakfast, excellent wifi :)
Stayed for a week and will return...

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We stayed for four nights at this comfortable B&B. it has welcoming and thoughtful staff, who man the reception desk from morning till early evening. The breakfast includes granola, yoghurt, orange juice, various varieties of tea, fresh coffee, fruit and a Mexican breakfast such as tamales, quesadilla etc.

We stayed in two of the queen rooms, which had large flat screen tvs, which had a wide range of channels, including ESPN. the WiFi is excellent and strong enough to download if you need to. The bathrooms have a shower and toilet, they are compact and functional, we had no issues with hot water.

The best asset is the location, it's perfectly close to restaurants, bars and cafes ( turn right out of the B&B and walk two blocks to Campeche). The reception can help order radio taxis if you have poor Spanish like us ( M$ 80 to Frida Kahlo museum and M$ 120 to Zucolo).

Room Tip: If you don't like a hard bed, ask for room with a softer bed or a mattress topper. E bed in our...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank kiwimissy
london
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I recently stayed at Distrito Condesa after having a problem with my booking at Condesa Haus and I have to say I loved it there. I was surprised when I arrived to be staying in such a nice neighbourhood, it's very green and leafy and there are plenty of great bars and shops within a 5 minute walk of the B&B.

The room was great, we stayed in the loft suite although it's actually on the ground floor, it is nicely laid out and spacious with a kitchenette and very comfy bed, I loved the furniture too very modernist and stylish, it felt more like a studio apartment than a hotel room.

Breakfast was included and was really nice, we had a different mexican breakfast everyday including quesadillas, tamales and mexican eggs. You can also help yourself to tea if you wake up early.

The staff were very friendly and relaxed and always willing to help. The cleaners were great too, whenever we returned from our day trips the rooms were spotless!

If your an independent traveller who likes to explore for yourself this is a great base for Mexico city. It's great to get away from the bussel of the centre in Condessa, I felt very safe here too. Highly recommended, I would definitely return if back in DF.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple