“Good Business Hotel”

Ranked #28 of 310 Hotels in Mexico City
London
“Good Business Hotel”
Reviewed 16 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Stayed here with a colleague for business and we were pleased with the hotel. There were always cars to take us to work and many friendly staff on the front desk. Breakfast was plentiful and well stocked.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
W_Experience, Manager at W Mexico City, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Fi1102

Thanks for your positive feedback, we going to share your comments with our talents.

Looking forward to seeing you soon!

W Experience Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Greek first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 6 November 2013

first time I stay in this hotel was 6 year ago.. every year i visit Mexico 3 x year I visit W and stay for 4,5 days .. my husband is mexican.. so in 2012 my last visit in this hotel, I left my engagement ring in my husband suite case and it was locked together with his expensive watches .. we went out during day and night when I got back I ask my husband to get my ring back .. He start to searching and got anxious .. guess what?? the ring was gone!! GONE.. over 10 carats diamond .. so we run to manager and explained what happens , he check cameras and saw that only one housekeep got in to the room , so they start looking for her ., but she already left ., and next day didn't show up at work ( of course ) so we call police and they ask hotel to give that woman information .. they went to the address she provide to the hotel and guess what?? she didn't live in that address.. so at that point we new that there was not chance of getting my ring back.. the hotel never check the house keeping background .. unbelievable!!!!! so they say sorry we cant do nothing about because the ring was not in hotel safe bla bla bla .. and the say they can only apologize ... so if u don't want to get robber never stay there .. stay far from this hotel .. now all time Im mexico I stay St Regis ..

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank marianemcgg
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Nice hotel lobby, good cocktails. Room was large with a great shower, the only thing was the power in the shower was really bad. We asked to change room, but the power seemed to be the same in all rooms. There was also a noisy fan and poor picture quality on the TV.
Breakfast was great. Service was good, but it was a very young workforce so not always that experienced in dealing with queries.
Good location.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
W_Experience, Manager at W Mexico City, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Hi Forthelov
Thanks for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us.
We appreciate the details, this will help us to improve some points and prepare to make your next visit even better.

An apologize for the inconveniences!!

Regards,

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I prefer a hotel that makes me feel like I am in the country I am visiting, but the W is very satisfying, even as it reminds me too much of being in the USA. The staff is very warm and welcoming and the neighborhood could not be nicer. The rooms are sexy (if not a little odd, in keeping with the W brand), and I'm not sure that the hammock in the baths would ever be approved in the USA, but they are fun, nonetheless. The bar is typical of W and the restaurant happens to be excellent. The service, overall, is quite good, and that is more important than most other things anyway. I'd return if I had to.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Hi Sfdann
Thanks for your feedback!
We are glad to hear that you had a fun and different experience in our hotel, our intention is to surprise our guests with memorable and unique experiences.

See you!!

North Kansas City, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

The only annoying thing that it happened to me was that my credit card was charged for around 400us when my room was already payed on Expedia "just to ensure the stuff in the room", they said. The hotel returned it later. The design, the rooms, the staff, and the food of this hotel are remarkable. It's without doubt one of my best stays. It's located in a exclusive area in Mexico City, and a walkable distance to "Presidente Masarick" which is probably the most exquisite
and elegant boulevard in the whole country. So you will be staying closed enough to restaurants, book's stores, night clubs, banks, and other services. Just an advise, everything that is good isn't cheap, so just be prepared with an American Express in your pocket and you won't have any issue! Enjoy.

Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Hi Luis R
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience and observations. We definitely will take all the great, good and not so good and work with it so we can meet all of our guests expectations.

regards,

Experience Manager
Panama City, Panama, Panama
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Great location, great spa and the most amazing wake up call system ever: someone knocking at the door with a cup of coffee just the way you like it!
nice spacious layout with comfortable work area.
Interesting bathrooms with open showers and hanging hammocks...

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
W_Experience, Manager at W Mexico City, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Hi Laura V

Thank you for the great feedback you have provided!
We are glad to hear that you had a good experience with the wake up call system!!

We look forward to see you at W Mexico City in the near future...we will be waiting to wake up you again :)

regards

W Experience MAnager
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Spent 3 nights at the W in Mexico City, normally stay at 4 Seasons so this was a pleasant change. Good value price including internet, funky rooms with open plan shower area and a hammock!. Higher rooms are better away from the bar but I heard negligible road noise. Location is perfect, short walk to the Polanco restaurant area and functional for meetings in Reforma. Decent gym with lots of machines, weights. In fact my only criticism was the breakfast buffet which I found a bit bland, ala carte is probably the better idea. But I would definitely stay there again for a business or leisure trip.

Room Tip: The open plan bar downstairs pumps out the music especially from Thursday onwards so try and stay hi...