W Mexico City
Zocalo Central(Mexico City)
US$188
US$121
1,048 results
All reviewsjose andrespolanco areashower arealobby barwalking distancerain showergreat areahigh floorbusiness tripgreat roomrooms are spaciouswake up callbusiness travelerperfect hotelrestaurants and shopssafe neighborhoodlocation is great
Reviewed 6 April 2014

It is interesting to read the reviews for this hotel. I guess it speaks to one of two things ... how unpredictable travel can be ... or how picky some folks are.

For my wife and 15 year old, we found the experience staying at the W in Mexico City a very good one. The staff went out of their way at every opportunity to help us make our vacation a memorable one.

That said ... here are some comments I might share that could assist others that are looking at staying with them:

* I agree that the higher the floor the quieter you will find your room
* the elevators seem to have a life of their own ... sometimes they seem possessed by some evil force .... closing quickly to whack the unsuspecting gringo!
* be specific when you want something .... if you want cream with your pot of coffee in the morning ... make sure to say so.
* be ready for some some strange quirky design elements. Remember it is the W ... dark artsy hall ways, hammocks over the weird round bath tubs ... etc. etc..
* Use the hotels drivers to get around ... more expensive than a taxi ... but worth every peso. Nice folks you can count on to get you where you want to go.
* the concierge staff were always friendly and helpful with everything from a map to the local bank to getting us a doctor to stop by and write a prescription for a sick 15 year old.
* incredibly fast room service (be sure to dress quickly after you call for coffee in the morning!)

Anyway ... sure there are quirky elements to this hotel ... but they are really trying their best to make your stay in Mexico City a great experience.

Room Tip: Higher the floor the better ...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Oski1984
W_Experience, Manager at W Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Oski1984,

We are glad to hear you had a nice experience with us. Thanks for sharing your advices and comments so we can improve day by day and keep providing the service our guests deserve.

We hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I go to Mexico a lot and I am still trying to find the right hotel...decided to try the W with the suite night awards , they did offer to change my room once I told them this one made me claustrophobic. It has the weirdest configuration and most narrow room ever had. The room was very tired and most pieces including floor are broken or missing pieces. Very dirty couch, and the curtains don't really close and are filthy. My room had a small terrace and nice to have with a great view, but being on the last floor, the pigeons have made it thei nest and you hear them walking and croaking...I won't mention what you see from the window on the sill. I had problems with the internet and spent over 35 minutes with their technical remote support. The problem never got fixed..internet connected 1 minute , disconnected the next.
I tried to get a coffee in the morning and they told me at the front desk that I had to wait till 6:30 am...decided to try my luck at the restaurant on the 1st floor...got one, but he charged me for it...then the whatever whenever assistance told me that I should have just called and gotten the complementary coffee in the room... So I ordered it... Came with a 132 pesos bill....
I read about the renovations they are making...but it's only on the main floor,,,I don't think they are renovating any rooms.
I guess i need to keep looking for another home away from home in Mexico City... @ Starwood...what's going on in Mexico City with your affiliated properties?

Room Tip: Don't get room 2501
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Daniel3282
W_Experience, Manager at W Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Daniel 328,

We at W strive to make each guest experience memorable and pleasant, and it is disappointing to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us.

I am truly sorry that your overall experience with us was not as pleasant and enjoyable as we would have liked it to be. We are going to the take to prevent this kind of inconveniences from happen again.

I will appreciate it if you could let me know at diana.escamilla@whotels.com before hand the exact date of your next visit so I can have the proper arrangements made.

Best Regards,

Whatever/Whenever

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I usually come to Mexico City on business and this hotel is close to the office I go. There are other good hotels close by, like Hyatt and JW Marriot and Intercontinental. My preference for the W is that it's affiliated with SPG.

Rooms are spacious and the staff is very friendly. Kinda pricey if you don't book way ahead of time.

Internet access is good, not great, but enough for basic work like emails and browsing. Speedtest.com reported 3Mb/s download and also 3Mb/s upload.

Not the kind of room to share with friends, colleagues or couples that don't have much intimacy yet. The division to the bathroom is just a curtain (the toilet has a door, though) and the sink is in the room, not in the bathroom.

Location is the best possible in the city, in Polanco, with plenty of good restaurants and bars 10 minutes walking from the hotel. It's safe to walk around the at night, differently from the most of the city.

Some of the touristic attractions like the Anthropology Museum and the Chapultepec Castle are also walking distance if you're up to a 20 to 30 minute walk.

PS: It's going through renovation (March'14)

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the highest floor possible. Although the window is sound proof, you still can hear the muffled noise from the parties at the terrace.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
W_Experience, Manager at W Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Hi Mauronr,

Thank you so much for your feedback, as you mentioned we are going through a renovation in our facilities so we can improve our service and the experience of our guests with us will be even more spectacular!

We hope you can visit us in the near future.

Regards,

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Friendly staff but not a lot of follow through. They missed a wake up call. Also both mornings they offered coffee and juice to be delivered and it never showed two days in a row, even with repeated calls. The rooms are a bit substandard for a W, though the hotel is well located.

• Stayed: March 2014

Hello LATravelGuy,

On behalf of my team I offer you an apology for the lack of follow up with your wake up calls and the wake up coffee both days, we want to improve and you can be sure we will take the proper actions with our talents and reinforce the procedure as necessary.

Thanks for your feedback.
We look forward to see you at W Mexico City in the near future.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

My husband and I wanted to have a pre dinner cocktail/appetizer on a terrace with a view in Mexico City walking distance from our hotel. Unfortunately the only one we could find was at the W hotel. We each had a margarita and we split an order of guacamole dip/chips. Nothing special! It cost us roughly 600 pesos! And all of it was very very small and the staff was not very attentive or friendly…but as I said, we were only there for a drink! And they have the market of desperate visitors who want a view!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
W_Experience, Manager at W Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Hello Asia1,

Thank you for all your comments regarding your visit to our Winter Bar, I am truly sorry you did not enjoy your time with us as we wanted.

We hope you can give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves once the renovation is finished.

Regards,