“Great trip”

Hotel Plaza Revolucion
Ranked #37 of 313 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

I had a great time in the hotel. It is a beautiful place and the people are very helpful.
I would recommend this place to anyone.
Exceptional service with free wifi at every corner of the hotel. Comfortable boutique hotel with a very relaxing setting. Excuisitly decorated with a great loby.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 31 December 2013

These rooms are really nice. Clean and modern. Huge comfortable beds, amazing shower with loads of hot water and strong pressure. Internet connection was good. Staff were great. Location is perfect. There is nothing to complain about with this hotel. I didn't even mind having to listen to other people have sex! However the partying going on at 3am in the room next to me when I had a 6am wake up call for a flight left me not very impressed on my last night. There are serious noise issues here. If you're lucky enough to not have inconsiderate guests staying at the same time as you then you'll get a perfect nights sleep here.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Spent 4 nights here. Plus: good location (safe), nice building, comfortable room, hot water in shower, good wifi connection, nice staff, fair price. Minus: most rooms have windows facing each other, so you hear people snore/have sex/blabber on their cellphones. Bring ear plugs. You must keep the window open, as ... oddly, there is no fan/ventilation system.

I'm a simple guy - the minus did not bother me, and the plusses made it worthwhile.

2  Thank halitozis
Reviewed 23 December 2013

What a great little hotel! Ignore the outside and the street view, the interior more than makes up for it. Small but well appointed the room was spotless, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom is well laid out, a very nice shower. I really only slept in the room so the size didn't matter. The staff were friendly and their English was much better than my Spanish!

You can get a taxi through the front desk or catch the Tourist Bus (165 pesos for a full day on the weekend) just across the plaza. I ate both days by just walking out the door and picking one of the street vendors - a couple of great little tortillas, fresh juice and a spicy soup for around 50 pesos...much better than the US fast food that seems to dominate the world now....but if you need it then there is a Starbucks, a Subway and a Carl Jnr all within easy walking distance.

I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Higher level rooms are likely to be quieter.....
1  Thank cooksjourney
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Last week I had to spend three day at Mexico City, and had a suggestion by some friend, to stay at the Plaza Revolución Hotel. Place was very nice and clean, friendly hosts and even though, they have nearby the teachers´demostartion, my stay was veryu good. I forgot my watch, and the following day I was back home, I received a call from the hotel reporting the missing watch and asing instructions on what to do with it.

I congratulate the hotel for such honesty, so I really recommend other visitors to Mexico City to stay in a place that make you feel very safe and taken care off.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I stayed at Hotel Plaza Revolucion for six nights in December. I picked the hotel based on price, location and reviews...and in retrospect it was an excellent choice. Plaza Revolucion is located just 200m from Paseo de la Reforma, where all the international chains have their hotels. The Centro Historico and Monumento de la Revolucion are within walking distance. The street JesusTeran does seem a bit suspicious at first glance, but it is safe at all times of day and night. Plenty of shops and restaurants are just around the corner.

The hotel is newly renovated with small but tastefully decorated rooms. Bathrooms are spaceaous with good water pressure in the shower. I had a room facing the tiny courtyard. It was very quiet at night, I slept really well. Staff is very friendly and helpful, but it helps with communication to speak basic Spanish. I did not try breakfast, but it looked just fine.

Considering price per night, the convenient location and the good quality of rooms and service, Hotel Plaza Revolution is an excellent choice. I will definitely stay there again next time I visit Mexico City.

1  Thank hallomainz
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Two friends and I spent 4 nights here on our first trip to Mexico City. The hotel was very good and I don't really have any big complaints. The staff were mostly on the adequate side. Their English was adequate. The staff surprised us sometimes by doing things like giving out incorrect information on what time breakfast starts and not really having any restaurant reservations. When pushed, we got one, which turned out to be a Hooters-like place. Not what 3 gay guys were looking for.
Breakfast is a bit of a mystery to the staffer and us. We're now speculating that the scrambled eggs are brought in from a restaurant somewhere, which might explain why they are always just warmer than room temperature.
The rooms are very nice. Great shower and bathroom. Comfy bed, good lighting. They aren't all that quiet, but could be worse. Drilling and chiseling noises start around 10:00 a.m. and go on and off all day from remodeling. Dog barking somewhere nearby, room phone ringing at 5:10 a.m., hall noises, sounds of someone nearby peeing in their toilet all make me glad I brought ear plugs. But, this is what I expect in Mexico. Container of half eaten french fries sitting on the desk in my supposedly clean room when I checked in reminds me that this is Mexico. The price is right and I'd stay here again.
Ivan seemed to be the most helpful staffer. Location is pretty good.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends