“terrible place”

and 1 more site!
Condesa Reforma
Ranked #293 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed 2 September 2010

we booked a room and got the "garden suite" which turned out to be a dark hole on the ground floor behind the recepcion desk with a window looking onto a concrete wall of the next door building.

we arrived late and tried to settle in for the night ...........but the two seperate beds that we had where so hard that none of us could go to sleep,at 3 am I went to the recepcion to ask if they had another room with diferent matresses,the girl told me to check in the morning after eleven there would be check outs and we could choose another room

after a torturing 6 more hrs we got up and really saw where we had landed,the room was a dump with stained carpet and walls a tiny bathroom with towels so thin that the morning mist made them drip with water and one tiny piece of soap.

going back to the front desk the girl attending had changed shift and we found another friendly lady who told us the Hotel was booked and there would be no room change possible - we left even so we had 4 nights paid in advance there was no offer of reimbursement or anything

I definatly do not recomend this place.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank uncleho69

Reviewed 30 May 2010

When I checked in, I was told that the price is 30 dollars per day. Then one day when I walked out of the lobby, they asked me to pay 35 dollars per day. I argued that on hotels.com, the price is only 30. I showed them the website using my phone. It turns out that the final price on hotels.com is 38 (including tax and fee). After see this, the staff insisted charging me 38 instead of 35, and her argument is that "You like Internet price, and I am charging you the Internet price".

What's more. Though the quotes were in terms of dollars, they charged me in pesos, and "their exchange ratio" was in their favor

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
4  Thank 286
Reviewed 3 November 2009

This is not the hotel for you if you want luxury or sleep. This hotel is very basic but clean although did smell very much like toilet cleaner. The room was large with kitchenette facilities. The reception and hall decor were dirty and dated - definitely in need of lick of paint.

The walls are very thin and you can hear everything and I mean everything that is happening in the next room which is not condusive to a good nights sleep.

Breakfast was very basic - the so called continental breakfast was make your own coffee and toast using an opened bag of white sliced bread.

All in all I would question whether this deserves a 3 star rating, we would certainly not recommend it nor be going back

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2009

there was no concierge. Had to store our luggage in the toilet after we checked out by ourselves. it was insecure and no help was given in bringing our luggage down . The receptionist did not speak English . The food was terrible

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2009

I stayed for one week. My room was very clean, employees very helpful and the location super. Walking distance to Bellas Artes and Centro Historico and Zone Rosa. A short bus ride to Cahpultepec park. There is a shopping mall with-in a short walk. If one is in Mexico City for any length on business the rooms are equipped a small refrig. two burner hot plate and micro-wave. The rooms also have eating utensils.
I defiantly stay again.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank Grandmasharpe
Reviewed 31 July 2008

We were a group of 4 people. We stayed our last night in Mexico in this terrible hotel as we returned from Acapulco.
When we arrived there, the hotel looked very bad even before you enter there. Don't look at the photos in the internet because I think that they were taken when the hotel was new. The hotel was under renovation when we were there. The smell of the paint was very bad. Also the smell of the carpets in the room was very bad, and we found cockroch the room.
Also the bathroom smells very bad. Towels were very thin and there was no shampoo in the hotel.
Our reservation was for two double rooms and they were not able to fulfill this, so they gave us a triple room and a single room.
In addition to that, the staff don't speak a single word in English. We wanted to book a Taxi to go to the airport. The staff didn't understand what we want and they were not able to help us. I went to a close hotel to help me in the Taxi reservation.
Simply don't go there. Believe me it had been very bad experience. You can contact me if you need further info.
amin_tabri@yahoo.com

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank AminTabri
Reviewed 21 January 2008

My wife and I stayed at this hotel from Jan.13-19, 2008.
The hotel is very basic but very clean. They gave us fresh
clean towels everyday and the water is very hot. We had a
junior suite which included a fridge, two hot plates, a micro-
wave and a sink. The room was cleaned everyday.
The location was excellent. One block to the Reforma and
Insurgentes crossroads. Bus transportation was excellent,
however make sure you have change. We walked to the
Zocala but we en;joy walking. To Chap. Park is quite a
hike. Take a bus, walk under the bridge and you will be
there. GREAT PARK. There is a little store on Paris and
Madrid for little things. There is a ragged old man who
hangs around the hotel. He gives good advice and speaks
fine English. He is harmless but is a gentleman.
There are resturants on Paris that serve decent meals for a decent price. Don't expect breakfast before 9:30. The counter people in the hotel speak some English. Learn some simple Spanish before you go to Mexico City Enjoyed but was careful!

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple