The NH Centro Historico is located right in the centre of Mexico City, about 100 metres from the zocalo. Our room was not huge, but big enough, and with modern facilities. It was clean and tidy, and the bathroom was an adequate size with all of the required facilities.
Our room was 426, which is as far from the lifts as it is possible to get, so we didn't have any people passing in the corridor outside; however, the room seemed to be adjacent to some sort of plant equipment, such as an air-conditioner, because there was a constant vibration from the wall behind the beds; this was not a problem for us, but some light sleepers may find it annoying. Despite being right in the centre of the city, there wasn't much traffic in the street outside, so it was quite peaceful overall.
One thing to note is that the shower is over the bath, and it is necessary to use a footstool to climb up and over the edge of the bath - not a problem for us, but some might find it tricky.
We only used the restaurant for breakfast, It is light and airy, and a decent buffet selection is available. Breakfast is nominally available from 7.00, but I'd recommend not going before 7.30 if you can: staff are still setting up at 7.00, so queues form for cutlery, plates, milk, etc., and the waiter is almost run off his feet. This is made worse if a large group is leaving early, because they are generally in the restaurant before 7.00 and can clear the buffet almost as fast as the food is laid out!
There are lots of shops and restaurants in the area around the hotel, and the cathedral, presidential palace, etc,, are a few hundred metres away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NH Centro Historico is located in the heart of Mexico City, only a few steps away from the Zocalo (Main Square), the magnificent Metropolitan Cathedral, and the National Library. The hotel offers an ideal starting point to visit the majority of historic buildings and monuments in this capital city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, NHHotels, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your NH Mexico City Centro Historico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nh Centro Historico Hotel Mexico City
- Nh Centro Historico Mexico City
- NH Mexico City Centro Historico