“Good Accomodations near Mexico DF WTC”

Ranked #65 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Modern Hotel, well located near WTC at Mexico City. Accomodations and room provided was good and fully serviced. Bathroom also very well furbished. Staff vry kind and helpful at all times. Only negative side is the parking whcih is really messy with a 24 hrs ticket issued at reception but only if you ask for it, which is when the parking lot says is not hotel exclusive. Too late... I really struggled with the ticket thing at this parking lot every single days of my 8 days stay! Hotel staff came twice to save me at the cross bar payment spot, stuck there unable to leave... Bottom line: it is great if you dont have a car.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank corrysp
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel de Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

Dear corrysp,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We are pleased you liked the location of our hotel as well as your room accommodations. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with our parking. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Regards,
Jaime W
Case Manager

Reviewed 27 April 2012

Stayed here for 1 week in April for work. Location is very convenient to my Mexican office. Staff was friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Room was slightly better than adequate. Toiletries standard for the Crowne. I had access to the Executive Lounge which was I found to be average - no bells and whistles. The breakfast at the hotel restaurant was spectacular with a wide variety for every palate. I would not recommend the hotel restaurants for dinner though. Overall a good experience and I will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
CrowneP, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel de Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2012

Dear TriniNew York,

We are glad to hear that you had a good experience in our Hotel during your last stay; We appreciate your feedback and are glad you enjoyed with our staff, guestroom, location and breakfast.
Thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sincerely.

Front Office Manager

Reviewed 12 March 2012

Have been to this location a few times on business. The room's are roomy and perfect for the business traveler. The decor is good but a bit outdated. I am not a fan of its restaurants; the food is just average and a bit pricy. However, love the "Cafe" in the lobby level. It is very convenient for a quick bit either early morning or late night. The personnel is very, very friendly. There was an issue with the "hot" water in my room this time; temperatue will not go beyond "luke". However, the water at the sink's faucet was almost boiling!. Got spiders in the room (not good for an aracnophobic like me) so this is a sign that fumigation is either overdue or not existant. Recommend the place for its location/accessibility.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher level room facing east, this will give you a good view and would minimize street no...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank CNavarro25
IHGCare, ihgcare at Crowne Plaza Hotel de Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

Dear CNavarro25,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced with your room. I will follow up with the executive housekeeper to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to serve you in the future.

Brenda J.

Reviewed 1 March 2012

The food is vile, except breakfast which scrapes an 'OK'
You are miles from the proper good hotel / restaurant district.
The rooms are small and quite dark.
I was booked in by my PA. If you're doing your own booking in Mexico City forget this one unless it is very cheap!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Bravide
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel de Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2012

Bravide,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review.
I would like to offer a sincere apology. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed 25 January 2012

A fair business hotel, big and anonymous. But the staff is really friendly and helpfull and their English is good. I had a King Bed Room, was very spacious with a half open bathroom. Good large television with DVD player and a PC available in the room. Internet WIFI is free of charge available all over the Hotel. The location of the hotel is really good, next to the WTC, enough shops and restaurants around and close to Insurgentes.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
CrowneP, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel de Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

Mr. Ruben V.

Thank you for your wonderful comment; We appreciate you takng the time to make us aware of your experience during your stay.
We look forward to welcoming back again.

Front Office Manager

Reviewed 24 January 2012

I too had the same experience as Kosmok reviewer. I had stayed previously in quite a nice room and my stay was fine. Second stay I was given a very small room that was very worn, stained carpet, safe broken and just not of the same standard. To credit the hotel after 1 night I asked to be moved and they did so and the room was much better. I am a gold card loyalty club member of this hotel chain and has specifically requested a room type in advance but this was not taken into account. If you want to be close to WTC then it's probably a good option. I do not and am not taking a chance again.

1  Thank Travelbug0004
IHGCare, ihgcare at Crowne Plaza Hotel de Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2012

Dear Travelbug0004,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced. We are continually striving to improve the hospitality we offer, and comments from our guests are always welcome. We appreciate the feedback that we receive as this is crucial for us to improve the products & services that we offer.

Regards,
Brenda J.

Reviewed 20 January 2012

The rooms are very good, the hotel is kind of new people is very kind , breakfast buffet was what I expected, so the place to stay close to the World Trade Center in Mexico City

Dear Engin22,

We greatly appreciate you have taken the time to write about your positive experience at our hotel.
Thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Kind Regards