We Hotel Aeropuerto
US$254
Zocalo Central(Mexico City)
US$189
US$121
All reviewsclose to the airportfree shuttlean airport hotelleaving earlythe shuttle driverincluded breakfaststay at this hotel againbed was comfortableroom was largemetro stationmexicotoiletriesconsusdproscheckin
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I was very happy with the price on booking.com for King suite. Room was very spacious. Staff friendly, hotel has a great modern look inside and in rooms. Hotel has private and secure taxi service. Ernesto and Gustavo always pointed me in right directions with recommendations. If you are visiting I would strongly you request from either of them. And taking care of them goes along way to getting treated like you deserve. I'm definitely staying here when I come back. Oh and Jorge or Santos are great waiters/bartenders in the restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 14 July 2013

After reading all of the negative comments left by reviewers I was hesitant to book this hotel, but the price and location was compelling so I decided to take a chance.

Check-in was friendly and speedy. The room was recently renovated, large, and comfortable. I'm envious of the huge towels they have in the bathroom. Actually, I'm envious of the bathroom in general. Beautiful tiles, well-lit, and it came with all of the toiletries you could need - plus a sewing kit. The room comes with a 4-cup coffee maker, 2 bottles of water, and a nice TV. There is a big desk for working on and a comfortable rolling chair to go with it.

I saw in previous reviews that some rooms don't have windows. Ours had a huge floor-to-ceiling window overlooking a busy highway. We never heard any sound from the traffic below, and we were only on the 2nd floor.

The internet worked just fine. No need to go to the lobby to log in, no need to ask anybody how to use it. It just worked. The password is in the binder they leave for you in the room. Ditto for the A/C. No problems - turn it on and adjust the temperature.

We ate at the restaurant and were surprised at how good (and moderately priced) the food was. My companion is from Mexico and, surprisingly, he really liked the tacos. I had the BBQ chicken and it was incredibly good. The coffee at the restaurant is among the best we'd had during our 3-week trip.

Shuttle:
From Terminal 1:head toward Ground Transportation on the first floor. Each exit is labeled with a gate number. Go to gate 4 and look for the Ramada agent. They will arrange the shuttle for you and they'll tell you where to wait.

From Terminal 2: similar to the instructions above, but look for the Ramada office between gates 3 and 4, next to the OXXO store.

The only thing that could be improved, in my opinion, is that the feather duvet needs a cover. Looked like we murdered a chicken for all the feathers floating around. ;)

Room Tip: We stayed in room 2229.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank NYCskydive
Reviewed 10 July 2013

This hotel is located very near the airport. It has a web site which is very elegant, and probably cost them a lot of money, but is not practical at all and provides no real information of use.

On one prominent travel web site, it says that this hotel has "shared bathrooms". That is false. And rather absurd to think of a Ramada with shared bathrooms. But I thought I would put this out there to clear up any confusion.

There was no information about the hotel web site about the airport shuttle service. Also, when I made my reservation there was no contact about whether I would need a pickup, and nowhere to indicate that. So finally I called. Three out of the five times I called, after being on hold for a while their computer system would tell me that no one was available to take my call. So it is a hassle calling them.

The girl that helped me in the reservations department (there is no way to navigate through their computer system to get to the hotel's reception desk) told me that the shuttle comes by every 15 minutes and to wait outside Door # 4 of the airport (this applies to both of the airport terminals).

When I got to door # 4 I saw that there were representatives from other hotels there. But there was no one holding a Ramada sign. So I proceeded to stand outside for about 45 minutes. The shuttle never came until the last 10 minutes -- when I saw it pass by in one of the traffic lanes farthest away from where I was standing. At one point, after I had been waiting there for a while, I went back inside to see if by chance there was a Ramada representative standing there to greet guests like the other hotel agents were doing. There still was not.

So finally I called the hotel again and explained my predicament. The girl in reservations said she would talk to reception and send the van. This time, about 10 minutes later I saw the van passing by again (with no intention of stopping -- in one of the outer lanes again). This time I managed to wave at it and the driver saw me. So he circled back around. In the meantime, a Ramada representative came outside to the curb, acting as if she had been there the whole time (I am certain she was not).

When I got to the hotel I told the reception people about what happened, but they did not seem terribly concerned. It was almost as if "I should have known how things work". Again, their web site is useless and the information they gave on the phone was not consistent with how things really work. And their terminal greeter person did not seem to be at her post the whole time like she was apparently supposed to be.

The room was fine but it had a wall air conditioning unit that had one setting: on. I looked in the hotel's manual that was on the credenza and it identified that in this hotel there are two different types of a/c units: wall and floor. For a wall unit there is to be a thermostat by which it can be adjusted. For a floor unit there were directions for operating it. I searched high and low all over the room for a thermostat -- not only was it not where the hotel manual said it would be, but it wasn't anywhere else either. And the a/c was set to a very low setting, so the room was cold.

I ate dinner at the hotel restaurant. The food was fine, the prices were good, and the service was a bit less than what I expected but overall was attentive. But they overcharged me for a drink I had. I pointed this out. In the end, instead of giving me a new bill with the amounts adjusted correctly, he just crossed out the wrong total and wrote in the correct (lower) total with a pen. I have no idea why they did it this way but it was certainly not sensitive to business travelers who need to provide normal- and professional-looking receipts to their accounting departments.

Later I ordered a dessert via room service. I also asked for a soda. The waiter brought two sodas (two different kinds). I explained that I ordered only one and that I didn't want the other one. He didn't know how to handle this. At first he tried to get me to take them both (and pay for them both). Finally, after I insisted that I not only didn't want the second soda but wasn't going to pay for it, he simply walked out of the room. Twenty five minutes passed until he returned with a corrected receipt -- and by that point I was starting to doubt that he was going to return at all, and was wanting to go to bed, so was going to go down to the desk to settle things if I had to. He was much more friendly when he came back, and had a corrected receipt, but the whole experience was just odd.

The last negative thing I experienced there was that the bed was, in a certain sense, "short sheeted". Like many hotels the bottom sheet was just a flat sheet tucked in. But the housekeeping staff put it on in such a way that it didn't go all the way to the foot end of the mattress, never mind get tucked in. The result was that when I got under the sheets, every time I moved my feet they got tangled up in this loose sheet down there. At the end of a long day with travel delays and various inconveniences, not to mention rather poor hotel service, this was the icing on the cake. I simply couldn't believe that any hotel, much less a Ramada, would make up a bed in such an incompetent manner.

Oh -- there was one more thing. The ironing board in the room was much smaller than the cover they put on it, so the cover was wrapped awkwardly around it, bunched up on the end, and made ironing very difficult.

Incidentally, when I checked out the next morning the reception staff were rather cool and did not even ask me how my stay was.

My overall impression: this is a Ramada which is very poorly managed. The price was good for an airport hotel, but I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank AmericanLivingInRome
Reviewed 15 June 2013

We used the hotel for a large group of people gathering in Mexico City for a couple of days en route to the Caribbean. Being so close to the airport made it perfect for late-night arrivals as well as worry-free morning departures - with no exposure to Mexico City traffic.We organized a couple of days of tours from there, including the Museum of Anthropology, and Teotihuacan.
The rooms were plain but adequate - and the food was quite decent.
I would recommend staying nearer to the city center for a longer stay - but for short trips, it's an easy and inexpensive option.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Hotel is close international airport Mexico City. It's average hotel and not so bad for one or two nights waiting for connection flights. Staff is nice and rooms are clean and decent. Breakfast is poor but not so bad. You need to ask hotel staff for wi-fi password for yousing wi-fi in the room

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo