“uggh”

Ranked #132 of 310 Hotels in Mexico City
Boston, Massachusetts
“uggh”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My flight was cancelled and I ended up staying overnight here because all of the hotels at the airport itself were booked. This hotel is a short (and free) shuttle ride from the airport.

The hotel advertises free wifi. I could not connect despite putting in the correct password. I called the desk and they said it was working. About 2 am (while I was sleeping) it seemed to connect. I think they can't handle the capacity of multiple guests using it at once. If you really want to use the internet, don't stay here.

My room had a non-openable window and there was no way to turn on the air conditioner. It was very very hot in the very small room with no ventilation at all. I called the desk and they said they would send someone to my room right away with a remote control. About an hour later, no remote control so I called back and they said they were really busy. I went to the desk to get one myself and they didn't have one, but finally someone came by with the controller.

I had a very early flight the next am, and this ventilation issue made my stay not restful at all.
I subsequently looked at other reviews, and other guests had the same issue.

The shuttle was fine although there were more people than the shuttle could acomodate and some folks had to wait for the next one.

There was a plate of cookies and some coffee out for people catching flights before the restaurant opened.

Room Tip: stay at another hotel!!!!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We had a little plane snafu, and ended up having to spend the night at this hotel. From T1, walk to Puerta 4, where someone with a Ramada sign should be waiting. We had to wait about ten minutes for the shuttle, and the ride took about 5 minutes. Check in was simple, and the room was clean, although a tad worn. Our room was on the second floor, facing a busy street, but the A/C fan and double windows made it very quiet. We could hear banging from the other rooms, so do bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper. The shower was really good, and the shower head is high up, good for tall people! Free wifi worked fine. The password is in the binder in your room. Free breakfast was great. Pozole, chilaquiles, papaya, eggs and quesadillas cooked to order. For dinner we walked over to Wings, about a three minute walk away, and that was pretty good as well. I'd recommend this place for a short stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
San Francisco
Reviewed 12 February 2014

The place is an island in a neighborhood that the desk told me to avoid. The hotel has a restaurant--OK eats, but no more. No machines for water, no shop for snacks. Just a front desk, helpful staff (mostly), some comfy chairs to wait in and great shuttle service. And my room was small, no view, with incomprehensible fan, a TV that worked sometime, no wifi in room, but a very comfy bed. And a safe (not too strong looking) to lock your stuff away. An airplane stop hotel, no more--it works well for that.

Room Tip: The hotels in the airport are more fun, but more expensive.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank chucksf
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 30 January 2014

This Ramada is close to the airport so suitable for a layover but inconvenient if the shuttle isn't happening. After picking up my luggage and going to the shuttle stop, I found no sign of the Ramada Aeropuerto shuttle. I had to wait a long time. Fortunately, I got a considerate lift with the shuttle for another hotel. The hotel itself is OK and the breakfast was fine though the hotel is starting to look a little frayed around the edges. The shuttle back to the airport worked well and was excellent...they just need to work on ensuring the pick up shuttle is actually there for arriving passengers.

Room Tip: Get confirmation when you reserve that the hotel shuttle will pick you up
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Brad58
Gray, Maine
Reviewed 24 January 2014

The beds and the quality of the restaurant are both top notch. Other than that, forget about it. Location is convenient to the aeropuerto, but not in a great neighborhood. Noise all night long including someone trying to get into our room (trying electronic key without success before finding the correct room). No mini bar. Lousy coffee service in room (ours had an opened package of creamers and sugars, no stirer and two packs of decaf coffee). We went to the bar before dinner and were the only ones present. You would have thought it was the first day it was opened. Took three people to get us our drinks. Next morning the overpowering stench of something in the elevator and lobby was enough to make one sick. Smelled like a ruptured sewer line outside and of course all the doors were open to let the fragrence waft in. Reasonable staff. Prices good.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Mexico City hotels

Mississauga
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I have stayed at this location many times, and it was a good hotel. Close to the airport, and generally up to date.
HOWEVER, when I stayed there in December 2013, the hotel had deteriorated greatly in a matter of eight months. The electronic room keys did not work, and it was necessary to have a Bell-man go with you to your room to open the door.
Also the general look of the lobby had also gone down in that time period. Not as clean and bright as it was.
Also, it is no longer listed on the available hotels in the Ramada Chain to book on the Ramada website. Must now be booked on an online booking site. Not acceptable to me for a chain of hotels not to have their properties available on their OWN site.
Had two future reservations at this location for 2014, and I have cancelled them, and I will not be returning to Ramada Aeropuerto, Mexico City any time soon. This hotel is close to the airport, but that is the only thing going for it at this time.
This location of the Ramada Hotel is nod doing anything for the reputation of the chain. Would think very hard and long before i booked another Ramada Hotel.
Very disappointed in Ramada.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

The staff were wonderful to me and always have been. It's just the building is kind of funky and seems to be in a state of decline.
The room was clean and bathroom was fine.
There was nothing wrong with this hotel, in fact out of all of them, for the money, this is your best bet for a quick lay over between flights. You can even grab a quick bite to eat here, the food has always treated me right.
I don't know why, but in this case at the Mexico City airport, less is more.
Final answer: Ramada beats out the others just in price and for what you need it for. No pomp and circumstance like at the marriott at the airport.

Stayed June 2013, travelled solo