“Very nice atmosphere and wonderful view. ” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Casa de las Sirenas

La Casa de las Sirenas
Ranked #135 of 482 things to do in Mexico City
More attraction details
Owner description: "Beautiful location on the roof terrace overlooking Catedral Metropolitana, and next to Templo Mayor. Great food and fresh salads. "
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Very nice atmosphere and wonderful view. ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

The place is really special thanks to its roof location and the view on the zocalo and cathedral. I really enjoyed the ants eggs( a delicacy) and the sea food. The guacamole was not the best though.
I recommend the place.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great View, Poor food and service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

We came into the upstairs terrace with a fantastic view of the Cathedral. But, unfortunately the service was very slow and the food was bad. When the waiter saw that we hardly ate our food, he should asked what the problem was. He didn't. We paid our very high bill and left. We won't be back.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Nici H
Durango, Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent in every way.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

During our trip to Mexico City, we were looking for a unique place to celebrate our young daughter's birthday. It was the first time we'd ever visited La Casa de las Sirenas, and we were extremely pleased with our choice. The food, the service, and the decor were all top notch, and the view of the Cathedral and Templo Mayor from the rooftop was amazing. Also, the chef was extremely personable, visiting our table frequently to ensure that our daughter's birthday experience was a memorable and enjoyable one. I would not hesitate to recommend La Casa de las Sirenas to anyone looking for a great combination of cuisine, atmosphere, and service.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Maestro C
Mexico
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Great view, good food, high prices!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

Having lived in Mexico City for the last 10 years I hadn`t had the chance to visit this place before. I had been told this one is a classic in downtown so I had to give it a try.
Pros:
- Excellent location: in the heart of the city, with a great terrace view of the metropolitan cathedral and Templo Mayor ruins.
- Good ambience: nice colonial building, well decorated.
Cons:
- Expensive: for mexican standards this is an expensive restaurant.
- Parking: since it is located on a closed street there is no access for cars.
- Safety: I wouldn´t recommend it for a late time dinner since the area at night might get not so nice.

About the food I would grade it as average: very good entrees and soups (we had cazuela de tuetanos, cilantro and tortilla soups which were delicious) and just ok main courses (sea basss with mushrooms and shrimp and shrimp tacos).

Overall a good experience but wouldn´t come back again unless I had guests and wanted them to get a nice view of this part of town.

Visited March 2013
Huntington Beach, California
292 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 224 helpful votes
“Roof top retaurant with a view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

The location is excellent. The view of the Cathedral and the ruins of the Templo Major was great. The Margaritas were tasty but weak. I had the Tamarind and my sister had the Limon. My brother had the Mango, The food was excellent. On our first visit, I had the filet in mustard sauce. My brother had the beef tips and my sister had the taco appetizer. We liked the soups. We shared the flan for desert. The service was good.
On our second visit, we started with the stuffed chile appetizer which was excellent. We then all had soups. The shrimp soup in tomato broth was the best. This time the service was poor. We were then surprised when the waiter suggested a 15% tip. Overall, we would return here, if we were in the area,

Visited October 2011