“Average business hotel”

Camino Real Pedregal
Ranked #205 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed 22 July 2012

On the plus side, fast Internet, nice cantina style bar on the mezanine level, and above average food. However you have to pay for everything separately, and the hotel did not have a clean feeling w/ stains on the carpets and grimy bathrooms. I would use again only for the proximity to the office.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Alxc

Reviewed 9 July 2012

I stayed at the camino pedregal for two weeks in relation to business and would not go back to this hotel. The area is bad and I was told not to walk around in the neighbourhood alone. Furthermore I think it's a bit too pricey and the service is not the worst but neither the best.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Barthodk
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I travel to Mexico City a lot for business and the company I work for always books this hotel since it is very close to the office.
I am writing this review while things are happening. There are bunch of drunk kids screaming, singing, yelling, and it is 11:34 PM. I guess it is a special day because the hotel is full and they don't change my room. I called the reception and security three times. Nothing happened. I had to go to the reception and ask for security. The security did not or could not do anything.
By the way the room I was given was smelly and the air was so heavy as if it was not air-conditioned for a long time. Everything is terrible, so my rating is... Do not stay here.

Room Tip: If it is full with kids/teams/events DO NOT stay...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Mustafa K
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed at the Camino Real for two nights on business. It is a very nice hotel and affordable, with friendly staff and a very helpful concierge. The workout facilities are also nice and clean.

The problem is that you pay for everything. Internet, bottled water in the room, expensive meals and drinks, just about everything they can charge for, they do. There also is nothing really around the hotel and the cabs provided are overpriced, even though they are nice and that is pretty typical of hotel cabs.

Bottom line: Clean, comfortable, affordable hotel...they charge for everything.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike L
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Pros:
- Concierge service
- Comfortable beds
- Good location if you need to be in the Pedregal area. Obviously very far from anything downtown (as much as 90 minutes in traffic)
- Food at the two restaurants is pretty good if a bit overpriced

Cons:
- Some of the ads feature a pool but the hotel doesn't actually have a pool (they have converted it into a ballroom)
- Only 1 of 3 treadmills in the gym was working on a regular basis
- Hotel taxi service is extremely overpriced relative to the safe taxis that you can get at the sitio at the hospital behind the hotel.
- Internet service is HORRIBLY overpriced considering that it is slow and cuts out frequently
- Front desk service had questionable English and was not very helpful

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2011

Stayed there for a business trip. Beds are very comfortable, breakfast ai all right, location is not too bad to be reasonable close to the center and to the airport (considering the lousy traffic in DF). Shame internet is not included in the rate and watch out if you have continental breakfast included in the rate as you may be offered a croissant and that surprisingly implies french fries (in the morning!), stuffed croissant with ham and cheese and increasing your bill.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 September 2011

I had to choose this hotel as it is next door to the hospital where we were to hospitalize a family member. I said we had to choose as I had seen the reviews and overall I was not looking forward to this stay...what an amazing surprise!

From the moment we arrived, we were greeted with an honest smile. The front desk staff was extremely courteous and they ensured our room was assigned in line with our reservation requests. As we travel with kids, we always order additional towels when checking in, and it usually takes about 20 to 30 minutes to receive them if we are lucky. The moment we walked into our room we found the housekeeper placing additional towels...that is quick and efficient service. At all points of contact, every staff member kept asking us if we needed anything else so they could take immediate action.

The room was extremely clean, I can say hospital-like clean. Comfortable and very cozy.

The food ordered from room service was surprisingly good, served exactly as requested, at the right temperature and brought promptly by a very friendly staff member. Yes, the food is expensive (about CAD$4.00 for a can of soda), but you also pay for the convenience as the closest restaurant is about 1 mile away. I do not complain about these prices, as they are available for you to see before you order, so at the end it is your choice to take it or not. It was worthy and convenient for me and my family.

Location is not the best if you do not have a car and if you are a tourist. However, after my previous horrible experience at NH Hotel in Mexico City, I strongly recommend Camino Real Pedregal as the perfect place to relax and enjoy a clean room with outstanding service.

Room Tip: Smile and enjoy the service
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family