I've really been struggling with whether this is one of those "Hey, it's fine for < $100/night and so close to the WTC" situations or not. I think, ultimately, it is the best choice if you need to be near the WTC since the only other real option is the adjoining Crowne Plaza, which is probably plagued with the same issues and costs 2.5x as much.
So let's start with the positives - great location for business at WTC, lots of security on the ground floor, decent food options in the Crowne Plaza (they essentially share one giant lobby/ground floor) and free breakfast. The rooms are pretty nice, too, with a very comfortable bed and a pretty good shower. They even include two free bottles of water.
Unfortunately, there were a ton of small-ish problems that just piled up. First off, the free wifi was a joke - the longest I was able to stay connected was about 15 minutes in a row. This was a real problem for me, since I needed to access my work email and using the 3G on my phone was expensive roaming. My second problem came when I had dinner downstairs - I had pre-paid my room through Orbitz and they didn't ask for a card for incidentals, which apparently meant I couldn't charge dinner to my room. Of course, the wait staff wouldn't know this, so I went ahead and charged it to the room and then got a call at 9:30 that night to straighten it out. Then, despite the fact that I had my privacy lock on and my key in the wall, I got a very insistent knock from housekeeping VERY early the next morning. So, basically, I felt more like an annoyance to the staff than a valued customer. Also, there was an strange magenta stain on the rug.
By contrast, the bellmen were probably the best service-oriented employees in the place. they rocked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites is strategically located in the World Trade Center complex, in the financial and commercial district of Mexico City. Entertainment, shops and restaurants in a walking distance - Well-appointed guestrooms, Wireless Internet access, Gym and Terrace. 31 family Suites with breakfast table, microwave, coffee maker, and minibar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Priceline, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at the WTC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites At The Wtc
- Holiday Inn Mexico City
- Mexico City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites At The WTC Mexico City