Four Points by Sheraton Mexico City Col. Roma
US$128
US$115
US$110
  • Pool
W Mexico City(Mexico City)
US$323
US$98
US$153
US$128
  • Restaurant
Gran Hotel Ciudad de Mexico(Mexico City)
US$208
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsalvaro obregonroom doorspg pointsfront deskfamous artistsfruit infused waterstreet marketgreat locationbody washwithin walking distancechurrosshower pressurebusiness hotelevery guestthe hotel staffroom servicehotel is located
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel last week, along with two other colleagues. To be honest, we stayed because of the rate...we were able to get it for $119 including tax. But I think that next time we will stay elsewhere even if it costs us a little more.
I would first fault the hotel with its level of cleanliness. For me a hotel has to be perfectly clean for it to receive praise. At this hotel, I found hairs in the bathroom....yes...not very welcoming. The bed mattress was also not in its own cover. This is a basic requirement in order to reduce bedbugs.
Lastly, the thermostat did not work well. I tried to set the room to 20C, but it never got below 25.

I do commend the hotel for having a very good WiFi service, above average restaurant (for a 4 Points), and friendly service at the restaurant.
I would suggest the front desk clerks take a course in "Welcoming Guests to a Hotel", and also inform guests about the hotel's taxi service.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Overall the hotel is located in a good walking neighborhood if you decide to venture out. The room was okay but the curtains were my biggest complaint since they didnt cover the entire window. Internet was fast and never dropped off which is very important as a business traveler. I see some complaints recently that say something about the decor, which I found very well done. It might be that the hotel was recently remodeled. The only other thing is short term parking was a pain but then again its mexico city so what can you do.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I normally don't write review however after reading some of the reviews of this hotel had to post. I just came back from Mexico and stayed one night at the Doubletree and four nights at the Four Points. Last year I had also stayed at the Four Points for three nights. I stay here because I get excellent service, a comfortable stay and it is located in a very safe part of town. One night feeling hungry at 10:30pm, I went down the street about four blocks to get some tacos pastor. The streets were full of people in cafes and just walking around.

The hotel staff goes out of their way to offer assistance and will provide anything you need. Miguel is especially friendly and helpful - gracias! The room was comfortable and well appointed. My last morning I decided to splurge and have breakfast downstairs rather than at the Bisquets Obregon down the street. For 95 pesos I had the buffet which included pan dulce, juice, coffee, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal and a good assortment of hot items (all delicious).

I used the internet daily and had no issues with it. I also had no problems with the TV service nor the heating system (did not need air conditioning as it was not hot in my room). The only complaint I had from this stay had nothing to do with the hotel but had to do with some rather inconsiderate guests who thought nothing of arriving to their room at midnight and slamming doors and talking so loud they could probably been heard in the Zocalo. I thought of asking to change rooms but chose not to assuming they would check out the next day.

If anyone has a complaint about this hotel than I suggest their standards are more suited to the Four Seasons.

Room Tip: Some rooms have whirlpool tubs.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank suzanne a
Reviewed 20 January 2014

This hotel has positive things, but also negative ones. Good things: It is well located, clean and has friendly staff. The negative things: Bad breakfast, noisy air conditioning, bad internet connection and cable. It also need some renovations but, it is still ok.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2014

On the outside it looks nice, and it borrows the brand name Sheraton (which has seen better times). But on the inside it lets you down, the experience is far from nice. Check in and out are painfully slow. The overall colour schemes, use of materials and decoration is eclectic, not in a good way. It seems this property used to be an old hotel and it was taken over by this chain. Although the room was spacious and the bed very comfortable, there were some problems: the bed was not done properly so in the middle of the night it was all a mess; pillows are cheap and not comfortable at all, the curtain does not block the light so at 6:30 am you're awaken by floods of light coming right at you. Fixtures and amenities look and feel cheap and dirty. The bathroom has a transparent sink, which I found disgusting. The shower has no door and the whole floor gets flooded obviously. I could hear entire conversations from other rooms clearly from the bathroom. I wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends