“My home in Mexico City”

Ranked #154 of 306 Hotels in Mexico City
Miami Beach
“My home in Mexico City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

I recently went to Mexico City on a one week trip and I stayed at the Hotel Monaco. I was very pleased with this small hotel very close and withing walking distance to the center of this huge city. The room was very comfortable and clean. I was very happy with having lots of towels and bottle water in my room. I was also very pleased that I had WiFi which nis very important to me since I had my iPhone on airplane mode while in Mexico. I definitely recommend this hotel for the price. Did I also mention that they have a very good and inexpensive restaurant with a great breakfast buffet. I also would like to praise the bell man "Adrian" who helped me with what ever information I needed in regards to any information about getting around Mexico City and information on going out and exploring the city, He was very helpful and personable asset to the staff at the Hotel Monaco. Thanks Adrian for your help. Even though this is a small hotel in my view I found this place to be a five star hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Hebrew first
Berkeley, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2012

Hotel Monaco is clean, quiet, good lobby, dark wood paneling, kind of old-style 1950's. Four stories of a brick building facing a scruffy park with cathedral. Rooms are small but OK. Easy walk to Alameda Central, and beyond to the Zocalo. Hidalgo metro stop. Good 99 peso breakfast buffet; lots of businessmen eating there. About $58 US per room for two people. Friendly staff.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Sonora, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

but in the room 303 is haunted because have a ghost he open the key if water and turn on and move my cel phone and was sleeping next to me... scary. muy bueno aunque el cuarto no tan elegante como por fuera asustan me toco el 303 y un fantasma prendio mi celo y le molvio abrio la llave d agua y senti q dormia enseguida d mi espantoso ....i went last week.becareful with the ghosts. aaaa warning in the 3rd floor internet doesnt work...en el piso 3 noi funciona intenet parq subir fotos a facebook. dont foruet the thip for the guy of the elevator.den propinas al personal.

Room Tip: 303 have a ghostttttttt reallyyyyy
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Guest g
Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

Good hotel very close to Hidalgo metro station. and Alameda Park. By metro you can easely reach Zocalo, Gaudalupe, Coyoacan, Chapultepec and other "must see" places in Mexico CIty.
He've been given a room with interior window but after the first night we asked the receptionist to change it and receive a bigger room with street view. Good WiFi connection.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ankaja
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

I thought this hotel was overall quite good. The room was very comfortable and clean, there were free toiletries and free bottled water each day. There was a flat screen television, and free wifi, although it did not work in the room, only in the lobby. There was a free computer in the lobby, which was handy.

The neighborhood is rather sketchy, although it's only a few blocks walk to the Alameda Park and museums. The sidewalks are full of vendors and are very uneven and difficult to maneuver. At night I think the area, and the park across the street, would be dodgy. I was only there one night and had dinner in the hotel, so I was not out at night.

The hotel's restaurant was good, with many selections and good prices. There's a Metrobus across the street and a subway stop only a few blocks away.

The street is very busy and pretty noisy, although the room had fairly soundproofed windows. I asked for a fan, as with the windows closed it was pretty stuffy and warm, but they told me I'd have to pay 700 pesos (!!) for a deluxe room to get a fan, so of course I chose not to.

Room Tip: Do not get a room facing Guerrero Street. It is extremely busy and noisy, and if you keep the windo...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo