Monaco Hotel
US$179
Zocalo Central(Mexico City)
US$178
US$173
All reviewshidalgo metro stationmaster suitedressing areaalameda parkfew blocksfive star hotelrecommend this hotelthe hotel is cleanbellas artesminute walkstay there againcentropesosheatinghistoricolocationairport
Reviewed 27 July 2013

The hotel is nice but if you have a room next to a light well good luck getting any sleep. The hall and rooms across the way transfer tv and conversations right into your room. Plus noise from rooms above transfer to rooms below. There is NO wireless in rooms. I could only get a connection 6 ft. From the front desk. There was no tour information in the lobby.
There are nice rooms on the back of the building but the cost is higher. Plus you pay for extra people even with a room with 2 queen beds. We had 3 and had to pay an extra 250 pesos for the 3rd person.

Room Tip: Make sure you are not on a light well.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2013

The location is good, you are a few blocks away from Plaza Garibaldi which is a cool place to be at dinner time. The rooms lacks natural sun light (very depressive at times) with a very small bathroom. We were screwed when we had to pay the breakfast (not included in stay) for it costed M$ 198 for 2 people, the most expensive meal I had to pay during a 16 days trip throughout Mexico, including Playa del Carmen and Huatulco!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2013

We ended up getting this hotel after a suggestion from the airport, unfortunately the price we told at the airport was not the same...not cool but not sure who's fault that is. We got a room with a window facing the vestibule so leaving the window open at night meant hearing the lobby traffic from above. Not too many (non street) food options in the area but the room service was pretty yummy the empenadas were Argentinean style which I love. Housekeeping was great, we always came back to a tidy room. The location was great for where we needed to be which was Centro, but not great if you like to hang in the more nightlife and fashion areas like Condessa and Roma.

Room Tip: dont get the room facing the vestibule...tons of noise!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I recently went to Mexico City on a one week trip and I stayed at the Hotel Monaco. I was very pleased with this small hotel very close and withing walking distance to the center of this huge city. The room was very comfortable and clean. I was very happy with having lots of towels and bottle water in my room. I was also very pleased that I had WiFi which nis very important to me since I had my iPhone on airplane mode while in Mexico. I definitely recommend this hotel for the price. Did I also mention that they have a very good and inexpensive restaurant with a great breakfast buffet. I also would like to praise the bell man "Adrian" who helped me with what ever information I needed in regards to any information about getting around Mexico City and information on going out and exploring the city, He was very helpful and personable asset to the staff at the Hotel Monaco. Thanks Adrian for your help. Even though this is a small hotel in my view I found this place to be a five star hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 December 2012

Hotel Monaco is clean, quiet, good lobby, dark wood paneling, kind of old-style 1950's. Four stories of a brick building facing a scruffy park with cathedral. Rooms are small but OK. Easy walk to Alameda Central, and beyond to the Zocalo. Hidalgo metro stop. Good 99 peso breakfast buffet; lots of businessmen eating there. About $58 US per room for two people. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple