“Clean, friendly and a great view”

Holiday Inn Express Mexico Reforma
Ranked #103 of 305 Hotels in Mexico City
North Vancouver, Canada
“Clean, friendly and a great view”
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Very happy with the Holiday Inn on Reforma. We had a huge room on 12 floor with a great view of the city. Little traffic noise and a good buffet style breakfast. Hotel taxis were inexpensive and always available. WiFi signal in the room was a bit weak so the staff gave us a USB cable to use. Location is very good four tourists as all the main sights are nearby. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank korro

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
El Paso
Reviewed 11 December 2011

I made a reservation for 2 rooms at this hotel and guaranteed with my credit card.
When I tried to check-in, at 9:30 pm, the guys at the front desk, with a trembling voice that they had to decline my reservation because they tried to charge to my credit card at 6pm to cover the total amount for that night and the card was declined.
I am a Platinum member of Priority Club, the highest level at their loyalty program, but they didn't care. They offered, "in consideration to my priority status", a Suite (the room no body wants) with a sofa bed!
I had to linger all Reforma to find a room that night!
They prefer a full hotel, high return, and low on customer service!
First in, first served. No reservations honored.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank nmschwartz
Barrington, Illinois
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I stayed at this hotel in October 2011 and was very pleased with my stay. The service was excellent and the room was very clean, modern and comfortable. This hotel serves a business trip purpose very well. The mattress was a little too firm for my taste, but I ended up sleeping very well, despite it. The breakfast, which was included in the price was delicious! The value for the price of the stay was very reasonable, and I would stay here again on my next business trip to Mexico City.

Room Tip: I was there with 4 others on a business trip, all of us in different rooms. Mine was on the 8th floo...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 16 October 2011

This is a bed and breakfast hotel with a modern style (not common for this type of hotel). Rooms are equally modern and nice. Service is average but location is great. You not only have the privilege of being in the nice Reforma Avenue but also you have a shopping mall next to the hotel. Therefore you can walk around and also you can go to the movie theater if you want or you can enjoy the nice Chinese restaurant in the mall.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Mexico
Reviewed 30 September 2011

I stayed at this hotel for just one night in a trip to Mexico City. It is located in Paseo de la Reforma, and if you are interested in visiting El Zocalo square, it is not too far away from it.

I was surprised about the size of the room, it was much bigger than I expected. The same happened with the shower, it was huge! The bed was just perfect, kingsize with four pillows, exactly what I needed after spending the whole day walking through the Teotihuacan pyramids and Antara mall.

The room was perfectly isolated from outside noise, so I slept like a baby. It also had everything you see in most hotels: TV, security box, coffee machine, Wi-Fi (which I didn't use, but I suppose that works properly).

The only thing I didn't like was the breakfast, very poor in my opinion.

Overall, considering its location and price, it is a good choice if you are looking for a comfortable and affordable hotel in the centre of Ciudad de Mexico.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank El_Josu
Taipei
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I am a frequent business traveler to Mexico City. I had chance to stay in different hotels. This hotel meets all my expectation for a Holiday Inn Express chain. Nice bed, clean bathroom, nice shower, TV and programs are as expected, fast enough wifi and continental breakfast. The location is excellent for a relaxing short walk after a day of hectic meetings. Small gym with what you need to keep in shape. One of the most important amenity the hotel provide is self laundry room. Many times my trip lasts for more than a week and I find myself giving my intimate clothing to "strangers" and paying extra for laundry. I rather do the laundry myself, therefore I find that an important feature. Hotel taxi is expensive however it's safe and provides receipt. I definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you need it, you can ask for a late check out. They usually grant it!!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
London, UK
Reviewed 27 July 2011

It is an excellent business hotel. Decent internet access and delicious breakfast. Not much of a gym though. I highly recommend it

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business