All reviewsgreat locationfresh fruit and yogurtlarge shopping mallkrispy kremeturibus stopangel de la independenciawalking distancebusiness tripbusiness districtsafe locationrooms are biggreat roomvisit to mexico cityreformahielaundryatractions
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Selfishly, I did not want to rate this hotel so high. (I don't want it to be full the next time I visit!) This is a very nice hotel. Yes, it's a 'Holiday Inn Express' but the staff doesn't seem to realize that. It had the feel of a much more expensive hotel. By the way, unlike the more expensive hotels, Holiday Inn Express offers free breakfast and free wifi. Why pay more for a more expensive hotel that isn't satisfied with its own high prices? To me, it was always an insult to charge me for wifi, when I had paid so much for the room. The Holiday INN breakfast is OK. They have hot eggs, (they tasted very strange both days I was there.), frijoles, breakfast meats and breads, do it yourself chiliquiles as well as, fruits. Not the same as a restaurant, but it's sufficient to start the day.
The hotel has a taxi service. They will give a price to take you to your destination. The price is a little more than a street taxi, but the cars are much nicer. You may want to ask about the hourly rate and rent the driver and car by the hour. The driver will take you to your destination and wait for you to take you back to the hotel or to another destination. The street taxis are metered and each has it's own tariffs. I've seen the initial price vary from 13 to 31 pesos. The traffic is almost always heavy, so the meter may seem like a deal, but it could get expensive if you get stuck in traffic.

The location was very convenient for me. The hotel is next to a large plaza and many restaurants. I was able to find what I wanted within a few blocks of walking.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Cyber B
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Being in Reforma and just a few steps away from Reforma 222 mall where you find nice dinning and shopping options, makes this HIE a pretty nice choice to stay while in Mexico City. Huge clean rooms, very good service from the staff, wifi was very good also.

Breakfast is standard HIE with some extras, like fresh fruit and chilaquiles, nothing special but as always great. Beds are on the very firm side, but I had very good nite sleep. Pillows are so so. Outside noise can be an issue in the lower floors.

The only thing I missed was a mini fridge in the room. Parking is 140 pesos per day. They do not have a taxi service but they will get you one in a minute.

Considering all of the above, will stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for the view room, you´ll get nice views of Reforma.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Yes it's in a great location, yes you get a very good breakfaste and have decent but not super fast Internet. The rooms are very good, very clean, spacious, bed firm but comfortable, in the too. I had a nice chair for sitting and watching tv (several english channels) or reading. Great access to electrical outlets. AC unit hard to control and could not get room to cool wpeven with the help of the maintenance man on duty who was just great and tried to help all hope could.

***Negatives - was not welcomed as a gold priority member, found that unlike many other HI Express Hotels (notable HI Express El Golf Santiago, which has an agreement with a business style car service and can also be billed to your room for a minor add on fee, HI Express Puerto Madero Argentina and some other I stay at) on business trips. THIS HI Express in Reforma Mexico DF has no set up what so ever for BUSINESS travelers to obtain good safe car service. They want you to take the local tourist taxis, not something I would advise as they are seldom insured, drivers speak little or no English! I cannot recommend this hotel to business travelers who must rely on the hotel to obtain good, safe car service to get around to meetings. If your always being picked up then that's your only salvation.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Needing to spend a couple of days in Mexico City this week, i became a bit discouraged at the rates offered mid-week at our usual point collecting chain hotels, Hiltons & Marriotts. so based on the recent reviews we tried this hotel, and were very impressed, within the category it represents. being new certainly helps, all the towels and sheets are crisp and new, and furnishings as well. the location is excellent for a lot of people, along the newly stylish section of Reforma, and the Reforma 222 shopping center has just about everything from shops to restaurants to cafes. this includes one of our favorites, the P F Changs China Bistro, where we dined both days and enjoyed both meals. As others have mentioned, the rooms are quite large (at least the upgrade rooms with panoramic views) for this hotel category, and while the prices are a bit higher than other Holiday Express properties, i think the minor difference is very justified. the breakfast was nothing special, but complete and filling. the staff were very friendly, and not that we needed to request anything, but they always had a smile and seemed ready to help. i certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank veteranworldtraveler
Reviewed 6 April 2013

My colleague and I and other delegates from India stayed at this hotel. Excellent stay home away from home. Very good and spacious self-contained rooms with free Internet and breakfast included. Very helpful staff - despite not being fluent inEnglish - try to help you to the best of their abilities and our satisfaction. A bulb in my achromatic had fused out and within minutes of my phone call to the front desk tgeir man was there to replace the bulb. Excellent location next to a mall and if you have late dinner it s walking distance from a 24- hour restaurant.

We had been there to attend the Plastimagen fair in plastics. We will definitely stay tgere next time and any time we are in Mexico City and recommend the same to others.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business