“Nice Location!”

Holiday Inn Express Mexico Reforma
Ranked #104 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I have spent 12 nights in this hotel. It is a good hotel located on Paseo de la Reforma. It is close to the historic center and nearby a mall. The staff is helpful and the hotel is clean. The breakfast is simple but it is good. Mainly to the location, I recomment this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Mexico Reforma

Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

This was my third time to Mexico City D.F. I normally stay not longer than two days so I need a.hotel that supports sleeping after a 12 hours flight from Europe and working.

There are more fancy hotels around but as I know to not have time using the nice gym or bar or 5star restaurant I choose only 3/4 star with business focus.

The hotel is focused on business needs, so you get wifi, breakfast and a nicely sized room with working area and a good bed with various pillows.

My aircondition could have been more effective and less noisy but after switching off you can have a great sleep.

There is a safe that can handle laptops and you have bottled water for free to eg also make coffee (remember you must not drink tap water in Mexico City!!!).

That's all, no restaurants, no gimmicks but you can find in walking distance lots of restaurants.

The receptionists are friendly and helpful, the hotel is clean and you can rent a car or ask for a driver.

Surely will be here again....

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Really pleased with the location and room sizes. Centrally located and right near some great restaurants. I stayed nearly two weeks so by the end of week one was really bored with the limited breakfast choice but that was probably the only downside, apart from trying to get a copy of my bill. As with any HIE you know what you're getting and the price reflects that it's not 4 or 5 start but it's comfortable. I found my room cold and staff quickly found me a heater. Some days the housekeeping was a little odd ie some days they left coffee or water and other day they dint but it was always possible to get more.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank chocoholicBangkok
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Terrible experience with the hotel's management dubious business practices.

Regarding my overall experience:

I arrived on vacation with my wife and small children to the hotel to find my reservation in place, but they did not want to honor my reservation rate but increased 15% my rate. Since many nearby hotels were full, and my children were tired from long travel hours, I just signed and stayed.

After checking out, the hotel did not offer my reservation rate, so I filed a complain with IHG's customer service, whom after reviewing my case told the hotel to refund the difference, and after two weeks of waiting and several phone calls, the hotel simply ignored any instructions and complains and did not refund the difference.

I submitted this same review in IHG's site and got an e-mail saying this information was irrelevant and I should ammend it before it could be posted online.

In my opinion, I do not find irrelevant at all this information. As a business and leisure traveler I'd like to be aware of this type of business practices before I arrive at a hotel which will not honor a guaranteed reservation rate. Imagine arriving at a hotel at midnight and to your surprise the hotel will not honor a reservation rate. What would you do? I insist, this is a VERY relevant piece of information from a hotel, specially if they are independently operated and now owned and operated directly by the hotel group.

Now regarding the hotel:

Pros:
- The hotel per se has a very nice location, within walking distance of many attractions
- Nice breakfast menu, although after several days you can get tired as menu does not change
- Very friendly front door staff

Cons:
- Dubious business practices for a hotel of this type
- Rooms were not very clean. We had to call the cleaning lady on the first night so they could come in and vacuum the carpet which was very dirty
- Every single day during my stay I had to request for additional towels, even after reminding that I had two small children with me, is it too hard to remember to put 4 towels in a room?

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mexico Reforma, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Dear rodrigoqg,

Regards,

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 11 January 2014

The hotel is in a great location right next to the very new Reforma 222 shopping mall. It's also just a very short walk from the Zona Rosa and there is easy access to the historical centre and Chapultepec Park. The rooms are very spacious and well equipped and the hotel is very new. We had a slight issue with housekeeping who did not come one day and claimed we had left the 'do not disturb' sign on the door but this would certainly not put me off staying here on my next visit to Mexico City. The rooms are very good value, close to restaurants and bars and definitely recommended.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I choose this hotel because of it's great location. Perfect for business and pleasure. Is a nice zone with plenty of interest places nearby. Chapultepec, museums and downtown are very close but not enough for walking, you may need to use a car or these nice turibus that stops in the mall next to the hotel. The staff is very professional and upgrade us free for being priority club members, to a nice room that overlooked Reforma street. Rooms are clean but a bit noisy with sounds for cars or sirens. Breakfast is standard for a holiday inn express. I probably will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank J-L-1977
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Right in the middle of Reforma main avenue at Mexico City near a shopping center and at walking distance from main city historic landmarks. Hotel is quite essential, reasonable breakfast and rooms spacious but old fashioned. Prices are accessible even though parking could be a nightmare. Sourrondings are nice but not safe at late night so be careful when hanging around.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mexico Reforma, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Dear corrysp,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to know that you appreciate our convenient location. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. I am sorry you were not fully satisfied with the surroundings. We have taken note of your valuable feedback and will pass it on to the appropriate department. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Zelyn N