“Always a good stay”

NH Collection Mexico City Santa Fe
Ranked #55 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed 16 November 2013

This was my 3rd stay at this location and i must say that each time i've stayed over the past 2 years the standard of service has remained a constant high, which coupled with a great restaurant area and one of the best NH breakfasts i've had makes this a great choice for my business trips and a solid recommendation for fellow travellers to this part of the city.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for NH Collection Mexico City Santa Fe

Reviewed 3 September 2013

IThis NH Hotel in Santa Fe (Mexico) was fully ok for such a short Trip. We did spend there one night. Although it was very simple outfitted, we can say, that it was enough for one Night and we could sleep well. It was clean and not noisy. There was small Choice of Breakfast available in morning. Bread and Coffee was good. We can recommend it for a short Stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
María Dolores F, Gerente at NH Collection Mexico City Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you so much for the time you have dedicated to share your feed-back regarding the experience you had in our hotel NH Santa Fe. We really appreciate so much your words and be sure that we will still working so hard in order to give a service of excellence

Best regards

The manager

Reviewed 14 July 2013

Santa Fe is the beautiful, expensive new area of Mexico City built on top of the old trash mountain instead of the dry lake. This hotel fits right in. It is expensive, but just underneath it is inexpensive woods and fabrics that are hard to see because the lighting is so poor. They seem to have gone with low cost Chinese LED and low light quality CFLs instead of the new quality LED lighting that the newest hotels use. They keep everything dimmed down low so you can't see that the flooring is just engineered wood and the fabrics are low grade. There is little art, and the bathroom is separated from the room with tempered glass panel room dividers. It isn't actually a room. The shower was good, but the water runs under the tempered glass panel, so it is nice that they gave me lots of towels. Seems wasteful to use up 4 towels for 1 shower, but my feet would have been soaked otherwise.
I didn't try breakfast for two reasons. 1) I'm a foreigner here so I wasn't given the breakfast included rate. 2) There are a LOT of great restaurants in walking distance.
The room did have in room coffee and an ironing board and iron. But, for some reason they did not have a free bottle of water. Only the minibar $4 bottle was available.
All this and the price was silly high. The reservation was made for me by a client. Also, I didn't sleep very well that night. The AC was difficult to figure out, but eventually I got it to work. Plus, the bed wasn't great. I was at the Hampton in Queretaro the night before, so I was used to their great "Hilton" beds. The NH bed just doesn't stack up.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank joelinda
María Dolores F, Gerente at NH Collection Mexico City Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Dear Guest
Receive a cordial greetings from the entire staff of NH Santa Fe. We would like to thank you for the feedback regarding your stay with us.

We would like to express our sincere apology for failing to comply the expectations you had of the hotel, We deeply appreciate your comments, thanks to your feedback we can work on the areas for improvement to better serve our custumers

We deeply regret that in your particular case we were not able to satisfy and surpass your stay´s expectations this time. However, we do not want to lose you as our valued guest and we hope to be given a second chance to recover the trust into our establishment.

We will appreciate if you give us the opportunity to be your host in your next trip to México city, and demonstrate you that we are the hotel you deserve.

Sincerely

The management

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Ups
- Modern location, well mantained
- Location
- Room service food and cost
- Friendly staff

Downs
- Breakfast at the restaurant is expensive
- Check In & Check Out (Tends to be slow)
- Laundry service knocks the door every morning (one time she actually opened the door)

Room Tip: Ask that your room is not conected to the adjacent room (Consider that you will get to hear everthin...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank maicky
María Dolores F, Gerente at NH Collection Mexico City Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you so much for the time you have dedicated to share your feed-back regarding the experience you had in our hotel NH Santa Fe. I value immensely your comments as the only way to improve our services and to align with the guests needs. Please accept my sincere apologies, on behalf of the entire team, Thanks to your feed back we have detected these areas of opportunity and I would like to comment that we will work very hard with the staff in order to improve the check in and check out, as well with the maids in order that they follow the procedures and manners

I renew my apologies and I really hope to be able to serve you again for any other occasions at the expected level of excellence.

Best regards, The Manager

Reviewed 28 May 2013

A gorgeous, modern hotel in the Santa Fe district. A few drawbacks though: the HVAC was very loud in the room (couldn't have it on overnight). The wood laminate flooring in my room had been water-damaged at some point, and was peeling up. The worst aspect of my stay was the breakfast buffet... FAR to expensive, and really not very good. The items that were supposed to be hot were luke-warm at best.

Nevertheless, the hotel is very nice, and I would stay here again. 7/10

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank bensagle
María Dolores F, Gerente at NH Collection Mexico City Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Dear Guest
I would like to thank you so much for the time you have dedicated to share your feed-back regarding the experience you had in our hotel NH Santa Fe. I value immensely your comments as the only way to improve our services and to align with the guests needs. Please accept my sincere apologies, on behalf of the entire team, for not having been able to meet your expectations with the buffet breakfast. Thanks to your comments we are making some changes on the buffet breakfast, hope that in your next stay you can see these changes

I renew my apologies and I hope to have the opportunity to see you again at the hotel

Best regards

The Manager

Reviewed 21 November 2012

I recently stayed at the NH for business. It is a hotel with very good checkin service, and modern decor. Felt comfortable in the modern-looking room. Front desk staff was always very courteous. Restaurants' food was very good for breakfast and dinner.
My only complaint is I found a couple of head hairs in my bed. I expect when I checkin to a room that it be completely clean of any human hair. I did not complain to the staff, and it did not ruin my stay. It is just the reason I chose to give this hotel a 4 instead of a 5. Everything else was great.
I would stay here again for business. It is in a nice part of town as well.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 November 2012

I stayed in this hotel as I was going to be a speaker in a conference we were having there. The hotel is nice, steps away from the Santa Fe Mall and with plenty of good restaurants in the area (one, the Xanto, before Paxia, right in the building, is one o the best mexican restaurants in town, and I mean Mexico DF). The rooms are fine, clean and good sized-

They have free wifi (only for a device at a time, what is a bit of a nuisance, as you have to exit the connection in your ipad if you want to use your laptop, etc.) You can purchase, at a steep price, more "devices". The bad thing is the we lost the wifi for almost one day in the hotel, what affected our seminar and the possibility of working in the room (what I needed to do). Things like those happen, but you can manage it better or worse. In this occasion, they chose worse. No matter I called many times and they told me they will tell me when it was working, they never did. Nor the explained the situation or gave any excuses.

One colleague of mine took one of their excursions to visit the Guadalupe church and Tehotihuacan pyramids, only to discover, when he was in the bus, that the church has been yet visited and only the pyramids were left. It took several visits to the reception to get part of his money back (as some of the people in the tour has only taken the pyramids and it was cheaper). At the end, they reimburse the money corresponding to the church but, again, no excuses, no complimentary something (and it was the hotel fault).

Apart from these things, that give the idea that the people managing the hotel need to take service more seriously, it is a good option in Santa Fe.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business