I had stayed in another two hotels in Mexico City and this one surprised me with their lack of service, policies, training, customer relations and care... It´s unbelievable.
I will list a couple of things so you can figure why not to choose this hotel:
- First thing on arrival they have a promo with 15th off. How lucky I am because I need a second bedroom for a team mate. I book it (through a phone that is never working properly, staff at the front desk are not prepared to book rooms). But how funny because when my team member doesn´t arrive on time I am in need of a delay on the room. They cancel the room and looks like there aren´t anymore rooms... what? I just had one cancelled (without asking for a cancellation, just a delay or cancellation of 1 day). I manage to convince them that the room was never requested to be cancelled so that there is a room free for sure... when they book it (in the same non working phone) the promotion can´t be applied... a mess.
Then you have the continental breakfast. 2 fruits, ham, a broken toaster, bread. Make sure you have some because if you after breakfast want to have a sandwich they never arrive. Ordered a room service of a simple sandwich... it never makes it to my room, nobody knew about my call, someone forgot to do their job looks like.. (we ordered a sandwich on the first day and it took them something like 20 minutes (ham, lettuce and tomato, no room service, just waiting for them to make it).
Also add the fact that they have very few seats and on top of it they reserve the outdoor space for events (can´t they start after breakfast? In the end they only offer 2 hour breakfast).
Then let´s add up the rest of the services:
- Today at 6.50 a room maid knocked shouting on the room next door... he was bringing towels! Well that´s just brilliant.
- Everyday, including the weekend, the maids go room by room knocking on doors shouting "laundryyyyy" at 8.15. It´s fabulous for a jet lag or after a hard week of work. Oh! Make sure you put the "privacy please" sign, otherwise they just OPEN your door... WOW
I´m sure I can go on and on, with the gym (a bike from 1900, a treadmill and a crosstrainer that challenges time), with the wardrobes (no doors, no space)... but I´m sure that´s enough for a starter.
Good luck on your trip!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your City Express Plus Insurgentes Sur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cityexpress Insurgentes Sur Hotel Mexico City
- City Express Plus Insurgentes Sur Mexico City