“Paris in DF”
Review of Au Pied de Cochon

Au Pied de Cochon
Reserve with OpenTable
Au Pied de Cochon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 5,011 Restaurants in Mexico City
Price range: US$40 - US$60
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Polanco
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I've been to Au Pied de Cochon about 5 times now, so that goes a long way to say I like the place.

The atmosphere is kind of upscale for a french bistro, but the waiters make you feel welcome even if you're not wearing a suit. They have a decent wine selection and the menu is great.

I've had the escargots, steak and frittes, coq au vin and the duck confit. I've also tasted their onion soup and of all of them it's really hard to choose a favorite. For dessert I've had the profiteroles and the chocolate souffle.

I think this is a great restaurant for Mexico City, it almost makes you feel like in a french bistro, but for comparison, Bouchon at Yountville is much better than here.

With that said, next time I find myself to be in Mexico City, I'll make my way to Au Pied de Cochon again!

Reviewed 16 May 2012

They end it with a delicious complimentary plate of cakes and chocolate etc. The decor is charming, food high-end but not that over priced. If you are here at the InterContinental hotel- a good choice for dinner. Also has a large selection of sea food too.

Reviewed 1 May 2012

This restaurant is not inexpensive, but it is worth it both for atmosphere, and more importantly, for the food. We started with oysters on the half shell. They were nicely presented on an elevated tray over ice. The condiments included a very nice mignonette sauce, along with the usual lemons, horseradish and cocktail sauce. The oysters themselves were all fresh and briny...yumm! The french onion soup was fondue-rich with Gruyere Cheese and a rich beef broth beneath. It had that crunchy cheese all around the outside of the crock it was backed in. My confit du canard (duck) was delicious and not greasy at all. Finally, I splurged on a dessert of Isle Flottante, a meringue floating on creme Anglaise and dribbled with caramel sauce. Everyone's dinner was wonderful. I fasted the next day until dinner.

1  Thank Limulus
Reviewed 30 March 2012

OMG their pear and Gorgonzola salad! Everything and anything I had at that place was exceptional! I went 3 times during my 10 da visit. I tried a 4th time but it was too busy for my taste. I had soup and salad the first time, a fish dish the second and steamed lamb the third. Honestly, I was feeling tempted to go their even way more often...

Reviewed 29 March 2012

Great for late-night dinners since it's open 24/7. If you like any pork-related dishes, this is the place to go. They also have non-pork options and even as a Vegetarian you can find things to order, like Onion Soup or Salade au chèvre chaud.
Service is in general very good.