“very nice stay”

Hostal Cuija Coyoacan
Reviewed 17 February 2013

very nice clean hostel, great area - i mean great. if you're not pushed on staying in the hectic centre of d.f then this is the perfect option. breakfast wasn't great but there was something to wake up to which was really nice. high speed internet, terrace, quite nights sleep, clean and friendly environment. not for the budget traveller but neither is coyoacan! staff were friendly but not too knowledgeable with tourist information.

i would stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 January 2013

We stayed in the Roma neighborhood but on our way back we had a weekend in DF before flying out. We wanted to check out the Frida Khalo Museum and also to check out the weekend markets in Coyoacan. We also wanted a more relaxed DF experience for our final days. This hostel was perfect!!!!!!! It is located on a beautiful street only a few blocks from Frida Khalo's museum and the central square. The house is relaxing and beautiful. The staff was really fun and friendly and we even had pancakes for breakfast! We had a slight problem with our booking reservation so best to email to confirm, but they were able to accommodate us without a problem. I think their main service is Booking.com for booking.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JennyCarden
Reviewed 28 December 2012

I stayed in this hostel for several days. This hostel felt more like home, with its unique design, beautiful garden, and warm service.
Hostel is located in the beautiful Coyoacan, close to the subway station, it was convinient and safe. I would recommend it as a perfect relaxing place in Mexico City.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 November 2012

Stayed here this summer. The hostal is basically a large home/compound with some guest quarters built outside of the main house. I have some positive and negative thoughts on this place. First off, the owner, (I forget her name), was very, very nice and helpful when my friend was sick. For that I would recommend her establishment. On the negative side, for me, the hostal seemed like a high school or college freshmen dorm hangout club. During the daytime everyone was zoned out on their laptops and wouldn't make eye contact. At night there was so much giggling and laughing from the young girls I thought it must of been a quinceanera sleep over party.. Lost some sleep due to that (and I stay up late). Aside from that though our private room with private bathroom/shower was very nice.
Would I stay here again? No. Would I recommend it for someone who really needed to sleep in Coyoacan? Sure. Next time I would just stay at one of the other hostels in DF (Hostel Home!) and make a day trip to this lovely neighborhood.

Room Tip: Definitely opt for the private room. It's as good as a hotel room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank elijah c
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I recently stayed at Hostal Cuija Coyoacan for several days. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The room was very clean and breakfast was provided every day. It is located in the charming Coyoacan neighborhood.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Stayed 3 nights here, great location close to Frida Kahlo museum and markets ect.

Staff were extremely friendly and free breakfast was excellent.

Rooms are ok, stayed in one with private bathrooom, toilet didnt work for half the time we were there and this was normal apparently, this being our first trip to mexico we didnt get too fussed.

Internet was up and down the whole time due to road works causing black outs at night and messing everything up.

We spoke very very little spanish and just got by, no one spoke english but they were very patient with us and our lack of spanish.

Will stay again one day because the suburb is amazing.

Room Tip: The rooms with shared bathroom are slightly cheaper and the bathrooms are great but the private bath...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2012

My husband and I are experienced travelers, and have stayed at many hostels knowing you get what you pay for, but luckily we have never encountered such a place like this one. We were never given a key to our room since the previous guest's took it. Therefore we could not lock our doors, although the receptionist told us to lock our door & leave the window open so we could open the door by opening it threw the window. The bathroom was filthy, no one ever came in to clean our room during our 4 day visit. We spent our own time to sanitize our room since we could NOT stand to be in such filth- I.E ; MOLD, fruit flies, SPIDERS ! They never even gave us toilet paper for our use. The staff was also never available 24hrs as shown on all websites. Nor were they bilingual. My husband and I are bilingual so we assisted the receptionist to help their walk ins or even their guests to translate.

We enjoyed our time in D.F, just not at our hostel. We will NEVER return!

Room Tip: Choose somewhere else!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple