“Great food, great setting and great service ”
Review of Azul Condesa

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Condesa
Cross street: Michoacan & Laredo
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We walked passed and liked the look of this restaurant and decided to try it.

That turned out to be a great decision. The waiter was extremely attentive and helpful and we loves the setting. And the mezcal from the little wooden cups is a nice touch. Overall the food was very very tasty... Loved it!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Azul Condesa initially impressed with its clean, urbane design punctuated by breathtaking blue Talavera plates, any one of which I would have gladly stolen if my bag had been big enough. :-)

Charming wait staff and a tantalizing menu heightened the anticipation that something great awaited. That is until the food arrived. . .so insanely quickly that I didn't believe it had been freshly prepared.

My order, turkey in an almond mole, featured a perfectly cooked moist turkey breast. Unfortunately, the turkey was punished by the murky, bland, chalky gravy in which it was smothered. To add to the disappointment, this lukewarm mess was all there was to the plate -- not even a smattering of veg to dress up the dreary centerpiece. I wanted to go all Gordon Ramsey on the kitchen staff; it looked and tasted like no one cared.

My husband's duck was severely overdone and further humiliated by a too sweet sauce that tasted nothing like the menu promised.

My husband would have told the wait staff about the duck, that is if anyone had checked back with us. The later dining local crowd had arrived and they had disappeared into it.

The price was muy caro, particularly given the unpleasant taste and thoughtless presentation.

This was our worst dining experience during three weeks of travel throughout Mexico.

1  Thank ShelleyCaro
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Really beautiful restaurant with indoor/outdoor space, vivid blue walls, greenery and great range of margaritas. I tried the cucumber! The food was tasty but not as impressive. We had some mediocre ceviche, and tasty duck wontons with mole which get a ton of buzz. I wouldn't rush back for the food but it was a great way to open our trip in Mexico City.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

very good seafood and very well spiced meats and duck. This restaurant is in the Condesa Area a fun and young crowd hangout

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I had ENCHILADAS ORGANIC JAMAICA which was very light on the tummy and excellent in taste.
Also, had one of the best desserts ever in Mexico City (almond cake from the Yucatan region with whipped cream on it- large serving - can share between 2-3 persons). This wasn't on their everyday dessert menu but rather on this guest chef's menu. Fair pricing. Good ambiance though the open air seating was all reserved.