“Attractive place w good food”
Review of Bistrot Mosaico - CLOSED

Bistrot Mosaico
Price range: US$11 - US$32
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Condesa
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Difficult to find the first time. Entering Av de la Paz from Insurgentes, turn immediately right. Drive past the valet parking until you reach the end of the car park.
Solid french bistro food in gardened setting.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Really is jus tlike a elegant cafeteria. I went to the one in the airrport in Mexico city but the service was poor and the flavor is no the same like the one in Santa Fe .

Reviewed 15 May 2013

Wend the the one on Reforma for lunch. Service was okay, the waiters didnt seem to speak any English, so I had to translate all for my colleagues. Food was good, especially for the price. The steak tartare was really nice. Desserts are nothing special, and best to skip. Good place for a quiet lunch.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

We ate at the San Angel branch of this small chain of Parisian/French-style bistros. We were a large group and were given our own dining room- which was a pleasant gesture by the management. The locale, the decoration and the ambiente were very nice. The food wasn't particularly French in inspiration although there were some classics on the menu (boeuf bourguignon, onion soup and so on. I fancied a steak au poivre and it tasted fine although the green pepper corn sauce was rather overpowering. A little more balance would have helped. Other guests enjoyed their onion soup. The desserts on offer looked beautiful and most tasted good. My lemon tart was excellent and the chocolate-based cakes were rich and delicious- so I as told. The prices at Mosaico are very high for Mexico City and this is definitely a splurge occasion. But if you like an attractive location and decoration and pleasant and attentive service, a meal at Mosaico would be a pleasant experience.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

We've liked Bistro Mosaico in the past, but it had been 2 years since our last visit. We decided to visit on Valentine's Day. Although we like the atmosphere, our visit tonight had a lot of negatives. First of all, the waiter continued to come by and try to take our order. There were many open tables in the restaurant, so we didn't think there was any rush. The waiter was overbearing!! So after about 5 attempts by the waiter, we finally gave in and decided to order. My 'pollo con mostasza' was basically a breast and a leg of chicken with a huge amount of sauce over it. Totally overdressed!! The 'papas a la francesa' were just okay. Desserts were fine, but there was no vanilla ice cream to accompany my partner's dessert, which we asked for. Lastly, we couldn't believe, when we received the check, that they had charged us $440 MP for 2 kirs. Unbelievable!! We live in DF, but I sometimes believe that restaurants think we are tourists ( until we speak with them in Spanish) and complain. I'm sad that this restaurant has gone 'down hill' so bad. So, where does one go for decent (I'm not even trying for excellent) French-style cuisine in DF? I'm at a loss!!