“the very best B & B in the world”
Review of The Red Tree House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mexico City
The Red Tree House
Ranked #1 of 159 Mexico City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 January 2012

These guys are AMAZING: Absolutely loved my stay at this beautifully managed B & B..I can't describe the friendliness and generosity that Craig, Jorge, Ernesto and Victor and all staff provide to each guest... ensuring that Restaurants will be booked, Cars, Taxis or Guides arranged and their generosity with breakfasts and evening drinks is AMAZING. Guilles fantastic breakfast each day is healthy and substantial. I felt completely safe in the Condesa area , often walking back from Restaurants, ...and returning late means you are greeted just as warmly by the night staff... a walk in the park with Abril the gorgeous dog and like most guests wished I was staying there for a lot longer. Have a look on facebook to see all the great photos

Room Tip: I think any room would be great and there are plenty of rooms on ground floor to eliminate stair cli...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cody14
There are newer reviews for The Red Tree House

Reviewed 8 January 2012

I can't rave enough about this place. I spent 7 nights there and loved every minute, I was exceptionally sad to have to return home. Victor, Ernesto, Jorge, Craig and the rest of the team made us feel so welcome and were so helpful. They welcome you in the evening with a glass of wine or beer. The breakfasts are wonderful - a great combination of fruit, churros, yoghurt, fresh bread and pastries, great coffee, a different hot Mexican specialty every day. It sets you up well for a day exploring the many amazing things Mexico City has to offer - way, way more than I imagined. And when you get home from a day out and about, there's wine, beer and a chat with the guys and other guests to help you chill. Condesa is the perfect area to stay in and the subway is a few blocks from the hotel. The guys can tell you all the great places to eat and drink, most within easy walking distance. Well done Jorge and Craig and team and thanks for making 3 Aussies and 1 Brit feel so at home. Good luck with the new venture and the renovations.

Room Tip: I only saw 2 rooms and they were both really nice, so I'm sure the others are as well.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank seatseeker
Reviewed 8 January 2012

We felt very fortunate that we secured a room here over the December holidays. As soon as we arrived we were greeted by the Craig, Ernesto & Victor and we felt immediately welcomed. The rooms are lovely & comfortable. Breakfast was delicious and we enjoyed meeting the other guests. My only regret is that we didn't have enough time here. The neighborhood feels very safe & quiet and is located to the subway so it's a breeze to get around. We will be going back.

Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ciruela7

Loved this place.
The fellows who run it, Ernesto, Craig, etc., are all super nice and welcoming.
The place is really charming courtyard area, and really QUIET, which I couldn't believe give the very hip and busy neighborhood of La Condesa where it's located.
I stayed in the treehouse, which is very small, but fine for one or two people. Comfy bed, TV, good shower, good attention to detail like nice shampoo and soap.
Great breakfast prepared fresh by Mexican ladies. Each day another type of fresh Mexican fruit drink concoction you can drink anytime.
Evening wine, where you get to meet other interesting travelers, as this place tends to attract offbeat kind of cool people and Europeans, other non-Americans, etc.
Very reasonable priced.
All good stuff. Would defo return!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Robert W
Reviewed 2 January 2012

The staff here can help you with anything and are so accomodating and friendly. Jorge, the owner is such a nice guy and you can tell all the staff enjoy working there. The breakfast is lovely and they often have wine and beer socials in the evenings. The rooms are nice albeit a little small but the garden and surrounding environment more than make up for it. I think it maybe a little high priced compared to other larger hotels but I would definitely prefer to stay here than any large hotel chain for the same price. An A++ in my book.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Nikki E
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Very charming B&B in Mexico City. Great great people. Perfect location (Condesa is a very nice area, many good restaurants - El Califa in particular). Very good breakfast buffet (loved the churros and the mexican dish option). Nice modern and comfortable rooms. Would definitely stay there again on my next trip to Mexico. I am not surprised that Red Tree House has consistently outstanding review on this website.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 December 2011

What can I say that hasn't been said before. This place is a gem!

We stayed in the treehouse room atop the extension at the back of the main villa and enjoyed everything about our stay. The owners and staff are a delight being both informative and interesting and the nightly wine tasting sessions are a great way to meet fellow travellers.

Can't wait to visit again...

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple