The Red Tree House
US$336
US$441
US$429
  • Restaurant
Hotel Ritz Mexico(Mexico City)
US$71
US$69
  • Restaurant
W Mexico City(Mexico City)
US$361
  • Room Service
Hotel PF(Mexico City)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$278
US$246
Travelocity
1,111 results
All reviewsother guestsb bgarden roomthe main househouse dogwine hourmexican specialtythe penthouseplace to stayevery morningcondesa neighborhoodinteresting peopleevery eveningchurroshome away from homewonderful hostsbreakfast and happy hour
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The Red Tree House is the sheer embodiment of this oft-used Mexican phrase. We started and ended our adventurous trip to Mayan sites in Mexico, Guatemala and Belize at the Red Tree House. We could not have wished for a better home from which to set out and to which to return. Let me be clear. To stay in the Red Tree House is to stay not in some anonymous hotel but to stay as a guest in someone's house. Indeed one's entire stay - the day is kick started with a wonderfully delicious and hearty Mexican cooked and buffet breakfast and then draws to an end amidst evening drinks and on both occasions guests and the Red Tree House family intermingle, sharing stories and companionship - has more of the feel of a large house party than a stay in a hotel or even a B&B. The team are one big welcoming family, each member of which goes out of their way to welcome you into their lovely home in which all the rooms, private and communal, are tastefully furnished and decorated with intriguing works of art. It is this atmosphere of friendship which makes it very special. I am loathe to sound a single negative word about but having stayed there twice in different rooms I would have to say that after initially staying in the beautiful, dreamy Penthouse suite, with its own secluded roof terrace, we found the garden rooms a little cramped. But some of the garden rooms are larger than others: our teenaged children had a larger room than ours and were quite happy. So my tip would be to splash out and go for a larger rooms. You can save yourself by paying in cash: if you do that the team will let you off the 19% of the cost! If you are in any doubt ring them up: they will be bound to give you honest and helpful information about each of the rooms. All in all, ignore all your other possible options for Mexico City and stay here. Provided that is, that you, like us, prefer a warm personal touch, a home to a hotel, and the society of other human beings. Muchas gracias a todos y hasta la vista!

Room Tip: Opt for the larger rooms and offset the cost by paying in cash which will save you 19%. We can recommend the Penthouse suite for a family of four provided the two children are happy sharing a double bed. Our teenagers loved it.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Everyone else writes good reviews, but I do have to add mine to the list. We were so well taken care of during our 8 day stay and the way the rooms, patios and eating experiences are laid out, you have a chance to meet so many interesting guests from around the world. Breakfast is superb, not only the buffet of churros, fruit and yogurt, but the main breakfast dish prepared each morning, which wasn't repeated during our entire time. The district is lovely and I felt safe the entire time. I would definitely return here on my next visit.

Room Tip: We had a room on a lower level in the main facility. Some rooms have extensive stairs to reach and some rooms are in another building across the street. Somehow I think being in the main facility is a bit more fun and more convenient.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I must paraphrase George Gershwin when I express how I feel about the Red Tree House:

'S wonderful, ’s marvelous, the way you care for me
'S awful nice, ’s paradise, 's you’re what I love to see

It seems all the good adjectives have been used to describe this unique and fabulous place to stay in Mexico City, so I will just say fantastic. A more than helpful staff that quickly becomes friends and beautiful surroundings all add to the extraordinary experience. The beds are so comfortable, the breakfasts so filling and the people you meet there, so interesting. It is the only place I will stay in Mexico City

Room Tip: I love the garden/patio rooms but I am sure they are all excellent.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nucka
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Thank you everyone at the red tree house for a great visit to Mexico city. The people, accomodation, food, wine, helpful suggestions and art made our stay interesting and fun. Hope to see you all again in December.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Just back from a two night stay in Mexico City. The Red Tree House is a small B&B that is totally charming, with a wonderful staff, beautiful garden and colorful and contemporary design. I have stayed in Polanco in the past but this is a wonderful spot from which to explore the city and to be able to walk to great restaurants in the neighborhood.

They had a great breakfast each morning. As a solo traveler, my favorite part of my stay was talking to the other guests over breakfast or a drink in the garden patio. They were from Australian, US and Switzerland. Some on business but most just exploring the great sights of Mexico City.

Make sure to add it to your list of places to stay. But you have to book way in advance as it does fill up!!

Room Tip: I enjoyed the Balcon room with one queen bed as a solo traveler overlooking the garden. There are larger rooms and suites available.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo