“My Whole Reason for Going to Mexico City”
Review of The Red Tree House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mexico City
The Red Tree House
Ranked #1 of 161 Mexico City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 June 2014

For most of my vacations, where I stayed didn't matter that much to me. I always thought, "oh, it's just where I sleep." After staying at The Red Tree House in Mexico City, I can see how much difference the right place can make. The Red Tree House was the experience.

This is easily the best B&B I've stayed at, anywhere. The breakfasts were amazing, the staff incredibly friendly and helpful, and happy hour in gardens were always a great start to the evening.

I rarely go back to the same place twice (there are so many places to visit...), but I would go back to Mexico City just for The Red Tree House.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Courtney C

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We spent 9 days in Mexico City, five of which were in this wonderful B&B. Earlier,we had stayed at the Chillout B&B in the north so we can just walk to some of the important must-see spots.

The Red Tree is about 10-15 minutes away on-foot from the subway station Chilpancingo on line 9. The area seems pretty safe even late night to walk to the B&B which is in the Condesa neighborhood. The area is definitely more laid-back than the historical old city.

We stayed in the Culiacan Room on the second floor of the main building which I recommend. It is on the street side, thus should be avoided if you are a light sleeper without earplugs(I just took my hearing aid out!). The room is very comfortable and clean. So is the bathroom. Being away from the patio area in the back could be an advantage noise-wise.

The evening happy hour with the drinks on the house is a good way of meeting fellow travellers.The hotel staff is super helpful and friendly. Breakfasts are buffet style,with one hot dish (Nice Mexican variety) brought separately.There are many good restaurants within walking distance, Apparently the area is called the restaurant district in M.C.

We took the metro to the airport with one change and it was quite comfortable,but you need to walk quite a long distance to the terminal and this may be a problem if you have a lot of luggage.

Definitely a nice place to stay at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ryokogasuki
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I can only tell you that all the rave reviews of The Red Tree House are true. I've never stayed at a better B&B.My husband and I stayed with a friend in the Penthouse, which had its own living room, dining area, kitchenette, and terrace along with two bedrooms with baths. We hardly needed the extra living space though, because the public areas of the inn are so inviting, both inside and out. The staff couldn't have been warmer, better informed, or more helpful. The owner Craig should give university courses on hospitality!

Room Tip: The penthouse would be great for a family.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed here for work at the annex across the street and loved it! I had a porch to myself off of my room overlooking this artsy street, and enjoyed the decoration, super pleasant staff, food, and location. If you want more chances to mingle with staff or guests, probably stay in the main section; but, it is literally across a small street, 30 second walk away, and I personally enjoy a bit more privacy or at least choice in choosing when to engage or not. Look forward to my next visit.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank CJAfrica
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This was our third time to stay at the Tree House...and again not disappointed. Stayed on the way over to Oaxaca in the Balcon room...it is a small but very quiet room on the second floor and on the way back through Mexico City we lucked out and got the Oaxaca Suite...our favorite of all rooms. Best thing this time was we are familiar with the area so got some good ideas for restaurants (for lunch, Tacos de Guisado just down the block). We knew we wanted to have dinner at Maximo Bistrot Local and Victor got us a great time and table at the place.We wanted to purchase some mescal and tequila and the Tree House staff sent us a couple of blocks away to Lanaval...a wonderful food and beverage store. It had a complete deli, gourmet food products (Vanilla from Papantla), and over 100 types of tequila and about 60 types of mescal. They cheerfully wrapped all our purchases in plastic for the trip home. Another store recommended was the Deluca Alimentos y Chocolates (ToutChocolat) store...expensive but you do get what you pay for. Glad to see that the Tree House has added more rooms as they are just the best place to stay in Mexico City.

Room Tip: We have stayed in the Oaxaca and Lafayette suites and the Balcon room ...our favorite is the Oaxaca...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KRISANDBILL
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My wife and I had a great time staying at the Red Tree House. We were pleasantly surprised by the comfort of the accommodations and the friendliness of the staff. Victor in particular was amazing. His enthusiasm for the City is infectious. All of the staff took time to hear about our days and offer great suggestions about things to see and do. Chatting with the other guests during the daily happy hour was also relaxing and very informative.

Having never stayed in a B&B before, we had some reservations, but were honestly blown away by the attentiveness of the staff. I am afraid that no other B&B we might stay in will live up to our now high expectations.

The Red Tree House is conveniently located in the Condesa neighborhood was was beautiful, and conveniently located for the metro. In the morning they served hot traditional Mexican dishes that were amazing.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brian S
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Red Tree House is one of the best B&B's we have ever experienced. The personal service is absolutely phenomenal, the inn tasteful, the food outstanding, the rooms comfortable and first class. Wonderful experience...it will be our "go-to" place in Mexico City in the future....highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family