“Cute Hip and Sweet”
Review of The Red Tree House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mexico City
The Red Tree House
Ranked #1 of 172 Mexico City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 October 2009

This is a cute and sweet place for travelers who need a cozy place to stay while in Mexico City. Pretty centrally located. The owners and their dog "Abril" were super nice and was part of the breakfast in the morning. I had recommended this place to my friends who ended up loving it, too! I'll say to everyone going to Mexico City if you are in your 20s - 40s need an affordable yet clean and beautiful place to stay? go here. Gay friendly, too. I think they were expanding their back yard and building into the next door, so it should have a bigger garden and more rooms by now.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AjunCajun
Write a ReviewReviews (1,084)

Reviewed 10 October 2009

From outside it looks a bit plain and small (taxi drivers have trouble finding it and the sign is really small, almost hidden) but once you are inside and settled you will feel right at home. Mind you, this place is only for people who do not like the big glitzy chain hotels and prefer something small with a family feel. Latest at breakfast you will meet the nice guys running the place as well as other travellers staying there. Breakfasts are great, by the way.
Rooms are nice, I'd avoid the downstairs rooms in the courtyard as you will be awakened early when clattering in the kitchen starts, also you'll have to have the curtains drawn all the time unless you want people so see into your room.
This is a nice place with really friendly staff and good location in La Condesa. But if you like more anonymous places with all the standard hotel riff-raff, better stay away. For the rest, its perfect.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2009

One can't compare RTH with other hotels .. RTH is family and advisors, beauty and tranquility, comfort and color, hearty breakfasts with new friends, help in times of need and companionship in celebration. Viva RTH!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 September 2009

I just stayed at The Red Tree House a couple of days ago. I was attending a conference in Mexico City and the RTH was highly recommended by someone I know. I live in different city in Mexico but I was flying into Mexico City at 5:30 am from Los Angeles. The day before my arrival I called the staff at the hotel and asked if I could check in around 7:00 am and they said yes. I ended up getting there at 6:40 am and Jorge, the owner, was kind enough to welcome me and check me in that early.
My room was beautiful, warm and spotless. I was very impressed by the attention to detail and the level of customer service you get. Every room of the house, from the living room to the dining room and the courtyard, was impeccable, serene and beautiful. Jorge was very nice and friendly and he really makes you feel at home.
The Condesa neighborhood, where the house is located, is one of the nicest parts of the DF and you can pretty much find anything you need from International restaurants to coffee houses to pubs and bars to flower shops. One of the best things about the neighborhood is that it is close to most of Mexico City´s main attractions like all the main museums, parks, shopping areas, historic districts and entertainment.
The only part of my trip I didn´t like is that unfortunately I was there on business and I didn´t really get a to relax and enjoy the Red Tree House as much as I would of liked to. I promised Jorge that I will come back soon and this time I´ll bring my girlfriend and we´ll take a few days to relax and enjoy it. After what I told her, she is really looking forward to stay at the Red Tree House. I have stayed in many hotels and B&Bs in the US, Canada, Europe, Asia, Mexico and South America and the RTH is definitely one of my favorites.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Italocittadino
Reviewed 16 September 2009

I am just back from a 6 week fact finding trip to Mexico. I live in Spain and speak Spanish. Before I tell you how great The Red Tree House is please read my brief remarks about Mexico. Your press, wherever you, are is full of ill informed sensationalist rubbish. Maybe it suits some countries to diss Mexico?

1. I did not get my head cut off by a nasty drug dealer.
2. I felt completely safe wherever I ventured. It's much safer here than Brazil!
3. The Mexicans are welcoming, respectful and honest.
4. The buses are comfortable, inexpensive and run on time.
5. I did not catch swine flu. You have more chance of getting something nasty in a British hospital!

Jorge, Ernesto and Tess run a really fabulous little hotel. It's full of interest but is not 'precious' in a over the top 'boutiquey' way. I stayed in the Treehouse on my first stay and in a Garden room on my second visit.

I was given excellent directions from the airport. Taxis are really inexpensive in Mexico.

The hotel is in a barrio called Condessa, one of three noble zonas in the centre. I loved it. It's full of parks, people dancing in them, great architecture from the 20's and 30's, individual shops, cafes and restaurants, and is super clean.

Just opposite the Red Tree House is a restaurant called the Photo Bistro. Do yourself a favour and eat there. I had an awesome raw tuna dish!

The hotel is clean, the ladies in the kitchen are charming and Jorge and his team go out of their way to help you.

Mexico City surpassed my expectations. Please go to Mexico and ignore the rubbish in the media. It's a wonderful place to visit. If you stop by Ciudad de Mexico, stay with Jorge.

I have owned BnB's in Europe so appreciate a good place when I find it.

Abrazos to all at the Red Tree House

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
6  Thank cactusjock56
Reviewed 30 August 2009

Me and my partner stayed at the RTH on three occasions during our trip to Mexico and we both fell in love with the place. Condesa, where the RTH is situated, is a lovely neighborhood full of lush greenery and cozy restaurants scattered around along leafy boulevards. Every room we stayed in was unique and had its own charm and the service was always impeccable. Whether I had to print out a page in the middle of the night, or have the laundry done, or let the luggage at the hotel for days, Ernesto and Jorge were always happy to help. And every time we went back, it felt like going home.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank robhunt
Reviewed 29 August 2009

Book your rooms now! This might very well be my families favorite place we've ever stayed and we've been to Hawaii, Jamaica, Italy, Mexico and across the U.S.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family