“Red Tree House makes Mexico City the worlds best destination...”
Review of The Red Tree House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mexico City
The Red Tree House
Ranked #1 of 172 Mexico City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 October 2010

My wife and I were a bit apprehensive about traveling to Mexico City as we had heard plenty about pollution, filth, danger, violence, scams etc.

Well not only did that prove to be untrue on our visit but the staff at the Red Tree House insisted on making sure we had a good time!

They quickly establish what guests want out of their visit, which could be adventure, food, culture, history, partying etc, and in our case was mainly sightseeing.

The staff made everything from catching buses, taxis or the trains seem simple, and were constantly printing maps and instructions to get where we wanted efficiently and cheaply. Their local knowledge saved us from getting ripped off or inconvenienced plenty of times.

Other travelers note that the RTH also seems to attract the 'right kind' of guests, but the truth is that it attracts all kinds! In our stay we met business professionals, artists, writers, photographers, curators and some people who were filming a documentary - all great people from all over the world and all happy to share their experiences. These meetings occurred seamlessly over a communal breakfast or an early evening drink.

Seriously we couldn't recommend this place higher! Its great value and the rooms are beautiful, modern and clean. We wish our bedroom at home was as good as our room at RTH! The courtyard is lovely and peaceful and they are right in the heart of Condessa, which in itself is a refuge from the hustle and bustle. Condessa was the perfect area to stay in and we would have loved to spend a few days just relaxing at RTH but our time didn't allow for that.

Anyway, in closing we'd just love to give a shout out to Ernesto (staff member and good friend) who took us under his wing during our stay. We truly left knowing we have Mexican friends who we'd welcome into our home should they ever visit Melbourne

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,087)

Reviewed 20 September 2010

I was one of the first people to review the RTH on Trip Advisor and was a bit apprehensive about sharing what I thought could be a treasured secret with others (selfish of me, I know). But word got out!
I have now stayed there at least a dozen times and it never ceases to delight me, although it's grown a lot since the old days (were they really only 2 years ago or so?). It does mean that Jorge can take more of a back seat, now that he has Ernesto and Tessy to help out, but he and Craig are nearly always there to greet me when I arrive. And leave.
My last visit had me arriving at 8pm after a ,ong flight from London, just three hours before the bicentennial "grito", and a party was in full swing, with wine and wonderful home-made pozole for all the guests. Unfortunately, I was jet lagged and retired to my room at 10.30. I didn't even hear the fireworks, let alone any racket from the guests enjoying themselves. This is one of the great things about the RTH: guests are encouraged to socialise, but consideration is always shown for those that need to go to bed early.
Next morning there was a hearty breakfast and the chance for Abril to take me for a walk before I caught the bus home.
Jorge and Craig always joke with me that I just seem to be passing through when I stay at the RTH. I have promised them that next time I'll stay more than one night. So I'll be back there again in November.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 September 2010

This is a great place to stay in Mexico city! The staff are wonderful, so helpful and always happy to see you and ask how your day was. They also have great restaurant recommendations.
The rooms are lovely, clean and well decorated.
It is the best value in Central America!
The communal areas are great, free beer and wine at night and coffee or tea is offered when you retire at night!
My boyfriend was very impressed, he hadn't even finished his beer before there was another one infront of him!

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank BecIAus
Reviewed 13 September 2010

After having spent the past 5 nights at the Red Tree House I dare say that we could not have found a better spot to start our 3 weeks across Mexico. Every aspect of service and hospitality have been covered and expectations exceeded (even after reading the glowing reviews of those who came before me)

I travelled with my wife and 12 year old daughter and we loved the way Jorje and Craig made us feel at home and created a great social environment among guests without making you feel that you had to participate.

While every member of the team was absolutely fantastic in all aspects, we would like to make special mention of Ernesto, whose willingness to find out any information or organise outside activities went beyond the call of duty.

Beds were also soft and very comfortable, while my daughter found a friend in Abril, the beautiful labrador who runs the house!

My only small issue was beyond the control of the staff, in that some inconsiderate guests staying in the room above us for our last 2 nights made far more noise during the small hours of the morning than should be reasonably expected. Maybe the walls are a fraction too thin but don't let that put you off a stay at this sensational accommodation.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2010

This was our second stay at the Red Tree House (our first was in May). We brought two friends with us who had never been to DF. We stayed our first night at the W Hotel since the Red Tree House was booked up. Our friends agreed that the Red Tree House was a great place to stay. They loved the staff, the quiet location in Condesa and the homey feel of the place. Due to a combination of exhaustion and poor weather, we hung out more in the public spaces, meeting more people and interacting more with Jorge, Victor and Ernesto. We stayed in the Penthouse once again...still love it and wouldn't hesitate to stay here next time in DF.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 September 2010

This was our first stop on our first trip to Mexico. It's hard to imagine that there could have been a better choice. We chose this place based on tripadvisor reviews and were not disappointed at all.

Welcoming staff, comfortable living room, dining room and garden (shared spaces) and a very comfy room. We stayed in the Oaxaca Suite. The seating area is separated by a heavy curtain from the sleeping area. This made the room even more comfy because it allowed my partner to sleep in while I had my coffee. There is no coffeemaker in the room, but the staff who cook the excellent breakfasts were always up before me, and always had coffee ready when I was.

When we visit Mexico City again, we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2010

Great location. Great hotel. And an even greater staff. Honestly, I can't think of a single negative thing to say about The Red Tree House. We spent four nights in the Lafayette Suite and had a spectacular visit. The neighborhood is perfect, the Hotel and rooms are a delight, and in all my travels I've never met a friendlier and more helpful staff. A BIG THANK YOU to Ernesto, Tessy, Victor, Gaby, Alberto, Memo and the lovely breakfast and housekeeping staff. Oh, and of course, Abril, the beautiful four-legger who runs the place. I can't imagine finding a more delightful acomodation in D.F. Stay here and nowhere else.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple