“Delicious snapper and pasta”
Review of Marco Polo

Marco Polo
Ranked #41 of 526 Restaurants in Oaxaca
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I see mixed reviews but can only say that we had a great dining experience at Marco Polo. The shady, green patio was a pleasure to sit in after walking around all morning and the service was very professional. My husband had a red snapper that was delicious (I cannot remember the name of the preparation style he chose...it had peppers, cheese...was done in foil) and I tried something I normally wouldn't: pasta with seafood. A very big plate of spaghetti with lots of chunks of seafood: shrimp, fish, squid, and snail, which was actually tender. Price for two with a couple of beers was 420 pesos, and we felt it was worth it.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Nice setting in a courtyard canopied by trees. It is only open for breakfast and lunch. Food was good with generous servings. Good service. The food we thought was just average. My husband ordered a filet of fish that was more breading than fish. Ceveche was very good. Lunch with no drinks about $40 US. We thought Marisquerias Neptuno was much better and just a couple of blocks away from March Polo and near Holiday Inn Express.

1  Thank Pauleywog113
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Ate there several times with husband (and sometimes sister). Great fresh fish cooked in a clay oven (horno) served with a wonderful creamy shrimp sauce. Had some very fresh shrimp/pico de gallo tostada appetizers as well. And for desert, try their apparently homemade fruit ice cream served in the fruit (we tried the mamey because we'd never heard of that fruit; subtle flavor but nice). They close relatively early (6:30) so figure a late lunch/early supper. Great service on tables in a pleasant patio. If you have children, there's an activity area.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

We only went to this hotel for breakfast. It is located next to Juarez Park and about a 20 minute walk from the Zocalo. The restaurant is quite large and the open areas well shaded by plants. The breakfast menu was varied and we enjoyed our choices. Service was very good.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

My husband and I enjoyed the whole fried red snapper. We also shared a large shrimp cocktail. Delicious. Service was prompt and attentive. Nice courtyard patio for dinning. Reasonable prices for the town. Seemed very popular with the locals and visitors alike. Would return if in the area.
Cheers and happy eats.