“WE LOVED THIS SCHOOL!!!”

Oaxaca International :: Spanish School
More attraction details
Owner description: Small spanish language school in oaxaca, located in the historic center of the city, only 3 blocks from the main square. School offers 4 students in a group class, private classes available. Students of all ages, spanish levels, nationalities are welcome.Two culturales activities included after classes per week and workbook included with no additional fee. Such as walking trips, corn tortillas workshop, oaxacan cooking classes, excursions, dance classes, painting workshops, ceramics workshops, etcetera.Member of the union of schools for spanish as a second language in oaxaca.10 years of experience teaching spanish as a second language.School offers homestay with local families including meals.Reasonable rates and discount for families and for students with a long staying.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

our family of 4 (kids age 7 and 9) attended this school for 2 weeks - which is not enough, but enough to give a positive review! I have attended 4 Spanish language schools over the past years, and I can highly recommend this school. The director is lovely and responsive, our teachers were superb and engaged and we had fantastic classes. I feel I learned more in my time at this school than in prior schools. Our children's teacher was incredible, and our non spanish speaking children learned a bit of spanish, and they LOVED going to class and adored their teachers! They made pinatas and played games, whilst learning spanish. They were scared and hesitant to have their vacation involve "school" , but when we left all they could say was "that trip was NOT long enough". We are already scheming how we can go back and stay for longer. Highly recommend this school, it is the smallest school I have been to, but certainly the best.

All reviews
"spanish instruction"
"taking classes"
"lending library"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Wow! I was here for two weeks in June and it was an excellent experience. I have thought of myself as solid intermediate and that is where I was placed after my exam. I paid for 6 hours of group instruction per day (I think most students choose 2-4). The first week I essentially had private lessons all week because there was only one other adult student and she was taking 2 hours of private lessons. There were also a couple of children who seemed to be having a great time learning. I feel a strength of the school is the grammar instruction. With the notebook and teacher explanations (Perla is the best grammar instructor I have ever had) I learned a lot and light bulbs of understanding went off in my head multiple times a day. Concepts I never quite understood were suddenly clear. My conversation classes were also excellent and Juan helped to further my vocabulary, grammar and understanding of local culture. We talked about everything from Oaxacan home life to cooking to politics (at my request) to education, and on and on. I had different instructors in the afternoon classes but a special thanks to Isabel and Luis and the others as well. Sometimes we just talked and other times we played games (when is the last time you played hangman in Spanish-a total blast). I did not have a lot of interaction with the owner Ileana but she was attentive and helpful when I did have questions. I had read all the reviews before I chose the school and the few criticisms I had read seem to have been corrected. The instructors were always prepared. The second week other students joined . I continued to be by myself for grammar but it was fun to have one or two others join for conversation classes. It was a great group of people. This is an excellent small school with no frills but if you like to laugh, want small class size and great grammar instruction with incredible people (instructors and students) this is the place for you.
I will comment that we only went on one excursion the two weeks I was there. I think this was partly due to the lack of other students the first week (there was a large teacher strike going on which might have kept people away) and the weather (rain). The excursion to some small villages was great. I really did not mind not going on other excursions since I was taking classes for 6 hours a day and this was my emphasis. If the excursions are key for you I would check in advance as to what and when they might be.
Overall, I highly recommend this school and hope to return for more classes in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

WeI couldn't ask for a better place to learn spanish. The city is lovely, the school has a nice and simple environment and the teachers are so sweet! The classes were fun and helped a lot to improve our communication skills.

Reviewed 11 May 2018

This is a fantastic school! I spent a month at this school and would definitely return. The staff is great. The owner is super easy to work with. The price is extremely competitive. It's located in such a great part of the city. I'm a doctoral student in the US and needed to improve my Spanish for my work. My Spanish really improved a lot while I was staying/studying here. Do yourself a favor and go here!

1  Thank 776mic2018