Open today: 10:00 - 14:00
Review Highlights
Explore the Mountains of Oaxaca on Foot

My wife and I spent a wonderful day in San Miguel del Valle on the Cueva de Iglesia day hike with... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
RichNY1
New York City, New York
Incredible - Highly recommend

My husband went on the three day Ruta a la Costa tour with Yves back in July. We would recommend it... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Julie P

All reviews pueblos mancomunados day hike medicinal plants sierra norte local guide spanish moss cloud forest natural environment remote village wild horses eco tour these guys oaxaca city hiking boots local village candle making longer trip
Reviewed 21 September 2015

Yves & Claudia - and guide Eduardo from Llano Grande - were great tour & hike leaders. Knowledgeable, patient and respectful of the local communities' heritage and landscape. And - we had a lot of fun ! Very much appreciate accomodation of our different hiking speeds.

Reviewed 9 September 2015

My partner and I did a 2 day hiking tour in the Oaxacan mountains in the middle of August. Our guide, Gordon, was great and gave us excellent insight into how the locals live and was very patient with us stopping to photograph every mushroom on the way!

The mountains themselves are absolutely beautiful!

The tour/hike was a highlight of our 4 weeks in Mexico and we wish we were back there now.

Thanks guys.

Reviewed 9 September 2015

This was my second trip with Tierraventura. The first, also amazing, occurred in 2008 before I had children. This trip to Oaxaca was a first for my family as my children are 4 and 6. Additionally we traveled with friends who had two children (7 and 9) so what we did needed to be fun for children as well as adults. I pitched all of our needs to Tierraventura (one-day only, round trip, four vegetarians), pick up at location, and they took care of all of it and the guide was patient and understanding. I cannot recommend them enough and look forward to taking a longer trip with them in the future.

Reviewed 4 September 2015

Pretty last minute, two of us inquired about a tour of Amatlan-Capulalpam, which included a 5 hour hike in between. It was a bit strenuous, but there was really no better way to see the two indigenous communities in Oaxaca, as well as a side journey to the ruins of a gold-producing hacienda and the remnants of a ghost town. It was an amazing experience, and we'd totally contact them again when we're in town.

Reviewed 2 September 2015

Yves of Tierraventura put together an amazing tour for me for 5 days and 4 nights but there is a minimum of 2 people for holding the trip. The tour starts in Oaxaca with a drive to the valley of Ocotlan de Morelos, a visit to a black pottery studio and an alebrije workshop followed by an overnight stay at a permaculture center where amazing vegetarian food is to be had. The next day is spent visiting Pluma Hidalgo with stops at Hagia Sofia, a private agro-ecological project, great organic food, and a wide variety of flora and fauna, followed by an overnight visit at La Finca El Mamey, an old coffee plantation. Following day is spent at the plantation with lots of fun activities. Next day--driving to the Pacific coast and the afternoon spent at the beach and an overnight stay at Cabañas Un Sueño. The last day offers a boat trip to see an abundance of sea life: tuna, sea turtles, flying rays, dolphins, etc, and the possibility of swimming and snorkeling. The afternoon is the return trip to Oaxaca. For anyone interested in taking this tour, please call (or email) Tierraventura and ask about Smaranda's tour. Vale la pena venir conmigo en este tour!