“Amazing restaurant”

Ranked #4 of 113 Hotels in Oaxaca
Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
“Amazing restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

[I am reviewing the restaurant - we didn't stay in the hotel] My wife and I walked into Casa Oaxaca on our last day in the city. Although we didn't have a reservation, we were seated in the courtyard and 10 minutes later were called upstairs to a table. The food, drinks and service were absolutely outstanding. Don't miss the caldo de piedra, a delicious seafood soup which is constructed at your table is heated with the immersion of red hot stones! Excellent restaurant theatre. Our main courses of suckling pig and tongue were totally delicious and we both agreed this was the best, most consistent meal of our 2 weeks in Mexico. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tom L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
los angels
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

My wife and I just spent 2 weeks here. We loved everything about it. The rooms; the staff; the food; the decor; the location. If you're considering Casa Oaxaca, just book a stay there. We so enjoyed our stay, we are returning later this year for another 2 week stay, and bringing our friends with us.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Dave L
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

My dad and I loved staying at Casa Oaxaca. The people who worked there were friendly and warm, and they were also very helpful. Their level of service really can't be compared to anything else. A quick anecdote--we loved the chocolate covered coffee beans that were served with espresso in the morning. We asked about the origins of this treat, and they told us that they brought them in from far away (outside of the city) because they are the very best. They offered to put in a special order for us to take home as a souvenir. We sadly had to decline because of lack of luggage space, but the thoughtfulness and work ethic behind the gesture was not lost on us. Breakfast was included with our room, and we had the same two waiters every morning. Their names were Florencio and Raoul. They were the bomb!! We really didn't want to say goodbye to them. I'll definitely be coming back to Oaxaca, and I'll never think of staying anywhere other than Casa Oaxaca. I know my father would say the same.

Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Claire D
sanmigueldeallende
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I had come here eleven years ago with my now wife. I returned this weekend. Casa Oaxaca is an oasis wrapped in a paradise, inside an eden, to paraphrase Churchill. Casa Oaxaca's service is superb--the staff went as far as to put a deposit down on the local mushroom festival with their own cash before I arrived. The hotel's courtyard is perfect, the food (what has not gone on to Casa Oaxaca Restaurant--breakfasts, coffee, margaritas) the best I've had in Mexico. I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Small criticisms or head's up: most of the rooms surround the courtyard which means a bit more noise than you might want. Also, the soundtrack needs a bit of expansion. Some things might seem odd-cold fluorescent lights in some of the room's light fixtures--It struck me as quirky and I'm glad the hotel put their money into service…possibly the best service I've experienced in a hotel.

Room Tip: Consider the event schedule and for for more quiet you might consider a room in back by the pool.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
San Pedro Garza Garcia, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed in June , first time to Oaxaca and we found Casa Oaxaca an Excellent boutique hotel! Service was amazing! Food excellent !! Ver well located!!! Staff is always very helpful and service oriented!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Mike71MX
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

We LOVED Casa Oaxaca and wished we could stay longer. The room (master suite) was excellent. The staff was lovely and extremely helpful. The food was outstanding. It is surely the best hotel in town and worth every penny of the high price. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Schubes03
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed in June for 4 nights and the service was great, you can have massages in your room just book a day in advance. We also tried the Temazcal, this you must ask for at least a day in advance it´s a great experience it does get really hot if you like saunas you will like it. The breakfast thats included is truly great, their juices fresh and every day a different bread all amazing.
If you get the rooms that are near the pool you might get some mosquitoes in the room, as the windows that face the pool don´t have screens. If you do you can ask for something they plug into an outlet it did the trick just have to have it plugged before you get back to you room to sleep.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the pool are probably better if you get bitten easily by mosquitoes and probably qui...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple