All reviews each morning family photos la casa beautiful oasis oaxacan breakfasts our recent visit study spanish flower filled family home wonderful visit vibrant colors delicious mexican breakfast b bs squash blossoms perfect place to stay other guests main dish
Reviewed 29 March 2016

From the moment the doors opened revealing the beautiful interior garden we felt we had arrived at a special place. We were welcomed by our gracious host Conchita and her husband and given a tour and escort to our beautiful room. We were lucky to have stayed in 2 different rooms with Colibri being our favorite. This one one of the first B&B's in Oaxaca and each morning an authentic Oaxaca breakfast was prepared. One morning as all the guests were seated Conchita serves a squash blossom frittata that was so beautiful nobody wanted to eat. Umbrellas were provided when the skies looked like rain and Conchita provided drivers for tours or trips to town. If you are looking to have a relaxing stay with a great hosts this is the place for you. This house is about a 5 minute walk to the church of Santo Domingo.

Room Tip: Colibri is furthest from the street
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2016

Beautiful Mexican B&B, spotlessly clean, well located in center of city. Wi-Fi. Walking distance to everything. Friendly hosts who go out of their way to make your stay comfortable. House has various size bedrooms around a center garden courtyard. Gourmet Mexican breakfasts. Definitely recommend it.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 March 2016

I prefer hotels where I can get service when I need it. This charming place is run by a family and although they say there are morning office hours from 9-12, I did not see this to be true. The innkeeper who speaks English was out of town and his mother speaks. English. I had a difficult time navigating around Oaxaca and know that had I been in a hotel with a concierge I would have had a much better time. They say the breakfasts are fantastic and I didn't find that to be the case. The place is attractive and charming and very quiet and in a good location. But I found myself hailing cabs a lot to return. I travel for dining and has asked in advance for reservations to be made for me. The innkeeper said that that was not necessary and as a result, many of the restaurants I wanted to go to were booked up. I would recommend this place for someone who likes B and B's and sitting around a table and chatting with strangers in the morning but that is not me!

Room Tip: The rooms ar all quiet and charming.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 February 2016

This is our first visit to Oaxaca and we were fortunate to find and book Mis Recuerdos, using TripAdvisor rankings. Eight of us are here for one to two weeks, occupying 5 rooms. Every morning we've gathered for a delicious Oaxacan breakfast, to plan activities for the day, And, as various members of our group left, other interesting travelers have joined us - exchanging tips has been fun and helpful.

We all agree that Mis Recuerdos is the perfect home in Oaxaca and we wouldn't think of staying anywhere else on future trips. Everything about Mis Recuerdos is first-class. Conchita, her family and staff are extremely friendly and helpful and the accommodations are impeccable - beautifully decorated, super clean, and comfortable with super high-quality beds and linens.

Also, the location is perfect - near the lovely Parque Juarez, across the street from the English-speaking Oaxaca Lending Library (OLL), a 10 minute walk to the zocalo and 5 minutes to the magnificent Santo Domingo Church, gardens and museum. Plus there are several very good restaurants within two blocks of the house.

The rooms are relatively large and nearly every room in Mis Recuerdos has a private patio in the wonderful garden or balcony overlooking the garden. With Mis Recuerdos as a home base, we have walked throughout this beautiful city to churches, crafts shops and other sites. And we've spent three days in the country - hiking with a group through the OLL, and traveling the Eastern and Southern crafts routes on trips arranged by Conchita..

Finally, the room rates are reasonable given the high quality of accommodations. Everyone in our group highly recommends Mis Recuerdos as the best B and B we've had the good luck to experience!

Room Tip: The rooms on the street are quiet, with double windows blocking street noise.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 February 2016

We have stayed at Casa de Mis Recuerdos so many times, just kept coming back after the first wonderful visit, that I had forgotten just how many times we have stayed there. When I actually figured it out, we have made eight visits in eight years. Taking into account the duration of our trips, we have stayed at Mis Recuerdos for a total of about six months of the past eight years.

We love visiting Mis Recuerdos. This is a beautiful, relaxing but affordable B&B. The city of Oaxaca will not disappoint and Conchita's breakfasts are authentic and outstanding. A few times we have used Mis Recuerdos and Oaxaca as a great hub from which we visited, for a few days, the cities of San Cristobal de las Casas, Huatulco, and Puebla.

We have become so well acquainted and fond of Concjhita, Moises, Nora and William (Nora's spouse) that it feels like we are going home for an annual family visit. We greatly look forward to our January excursions to Mis Recuerdos.

Nora, daughter of Conchita and Moises who are owners of Mis Recuerdos, has become an elite authentic cooking instructor in Oaxaca. She is much sought after in the international culinary community and on television and in "foodie" magazines. Good news, if you are visiting Oaxaca, look her up. She teaches a couple cooking classes, where the public is welcome, most weeks. Also, Nora is a registered tour guide and you could not find a more informed expert on Oaxaca and its culture.

We look forward to going back to Mis Recuerdos again next year.....only 11 months left till next time. And seeing Conchita, Moises, Nora and William again, now that is something to look forward to!

Room Tip: Try it, you will like it!
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple