All reviews pool area yogurt eggs cooked to order cancellation policy morning noise hectic city tea and coffee minute walk eggs any style beautiful pool restaurants and bars hot water the main house loved staying here spent three nights simple breakfast pay cash
Reviewed 31 October 2017

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 1 week in October 2017. We absolutely loved it! We had a bungalow room by the pool. The room itself was basic, nothing glamorous but totally fit our needs. The King size bed was very comfortable (although the sheets could be a bit softer).

I was blown away by the care the staff puts into this Casa. I could feel their pride in taking care of the family business. The plants were gorgeous and well taken care of. Everywhere on premise was impeccably clean. Every morning a woman made us breakfast to our liking (eggs, toast, cereal, yogurt, fruit, tea and coffee). Everyone was very very friendly and accommodating. However, only one employee spoke English. I have a beginners grasp of English and I could communicate with the staff just fine, but if you don't know any Spanish at all it may be a bit tough.

We loved the location and felt very safe walking home at night. Very quiet property. The pool is not heated but the sun heats it up and it is quite pleasant. We can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2017

This was my first trip to Oaxaca and I was traveling alone as a 60+ woman. I wanted a quiet place, a bit away from the main square but easy to walk to. This was it. I felt like a guest in a private home yet had the privacy of a hotel. The owner and his two grown children who all live on the property, can't do enough to help. One of them Jorge, picked me up at the airport and that was valuable because my suitcase didn't arrive and I needed help negotiating delivery. Otherwise you can take a cab from the airport for the $11 and 20 minute ride.
This is an old family home, with all the charm you'd expect. Having your eggs cooked to order, great coffee, fruits, what a great way to start the day! On the first two days, I quickly left the hotel to explore. After that, I got into the pace of Oaxaca and wandered over to sit by the pool for a while with a good book. The pool area is so inviting and the pool is even solar heated--don't forget your bathing suit even if they predict rain. Even if you're not into swimming, just relaxing by the pool was heavenly. And I live in Los Angeles, where we have lots of sunshine!!
When I went they predicted showers and thunderstorms for the whole time and guess what? It drizzled for less than an hour on one day! Locals told me that Oaxaca has the most unreliable weather reporting and it could be raining at one end of town and not anywhere else.
My room with a king size bed was spacious and comfortable and charming. The large armoire was spacious enough for my suitcase and lots of room to hang stuff. There was an endless supply of hot water and a shower to relax you. It was also quiet. I was in the main house, the older part. The rooms beside the pool have kitchenettes if you're staying for a long stretch and are a bit more modern. Don't forget to visit the roof to see the view.
This is a find and price/value wise, you can't beat it!!

Room Tip: I loved the view from my second floor room overlooking the pool. Same for third but I didn't want to walk up two flights
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 September 2017

This hotel is in downtown Oaxaca close to the main square. The place is really nice and in good conditions. Itnincludes parking, swimming pool and a great breakfast with some eggs, fruit and coffee every morning. The staff is friendly and helpful ant they make you feel at home. The rooms are good equipped with the necessary.

Room Tip: maybe some room in the pool side
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

The hotel provided a lovely respite during our trip. We stayed in the family bungalow which had 2 bedrooms & living space with kitchen and seating area, great for family of 4 with 2 teenagers. Air conditioning was good, there was in safe in the room, and we were provided with regular clean towels. The room was cleaned everyday. The pool area was very relaxing and the simple breakfast provided a good start to the day. There was tea, coffee, water & I've always available. The roof bar was also very relaxing. The hotel is a few blocks from the zocalo & old town, no distance at all. The staff were very friendly and helpful. A great hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel would be an ideal place to recommend to visitors but their unusually strict cancellation policy makes that difficult to do. Instead of following the cancellation guidelines of nearly every other hotel in Oaxaca, which allows changes or cancellations within 48 hours of the reservation, on average, this hotel charges the full amount for cancellations within a week of the reservation date. That is ridiculous for travelers who often have a change of plans closer to their reservation date. Many people would not realize that they had such an unusual policy and be stuck paying for a room they can't use. This could be why the hotel was under-occupied when we were there.

The grounds and rooms are very nice and normally I would give a higher rating to a hotel with quiet, peaceful grounds, large rooms and a good breakfast. They have friendly staff people but their ownership (which I understand has recently changed from the original owner to her son) is extremely unfriendly to the point of being downright hostile. The new owner has made some unfortunate business choices and he doesn't appear to be focused on good customer service. Little things are going undone, like refreshing room towels, providing pool towels and replacing worn lounge cushions.

The street outside of the hotel is not as welcoming as others closer to the main centro historico. It is an older neighborhood that is nonetheless safe but may look a little rough to first time visitors. The hotel is the nicest building on the block. Once inside, it is quiet, cool and quite tranquil, particularly by the pool. The rooftop terrace opens at 5:30 and offers drinks and a good view of the mountains surrounding the city.

Be sure to check your plans before booking here and only do so if you are certain your schedule won't be changing. Read their cancellation policy closely so you avoid unwanted surprises.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple