“Yummy Chocolate Milkshakes”

32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“Yummy Chocolate Milkshakes”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Be sure to drop into this Oaxacan landmark for a chocolate milkshake typically eaten with an egg pastry, you can also see a demo of how they prepare the chocolate and there is a good selection of chocolate to take home

Visited April 2014

• Korean first
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“chocolate shake for 15 pesos!”
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Slipped into this place (big one on corner of Mina y 20 de Nov) one time after wandering away from 20 de Nov mercado and was instantly handed a free piece of chocolate. I watched the guys mix mole and wandered over to the ladies making drinks. They handed me a sample of the malteada frio. Mayordomo won me over. 15 pesos for a chocolate shake! I started going there every day. It's not a malt btw- it's a chocolate shake. They should call it a "shake" actually because many people don't like or can't drink malts (made from barley, not gluten free, so I was hesitant til I read the ingredients). They also sell decent tamales (big, but a bit dry). My friends said the pan (bread roll) for 5 pesos is pretty tasty too, kind of a croissant texture.

2 Thank Jasmine N
Moscow, Russia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Average chocolate, but worth the tradition”
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

My friends and I love chocolate. We try all the possible chocolates, which are available. I have to say that while tasting Mayordomo as an original legendary Oaxaca chocolate is a must, it is far not so impressive as expected. The chocolate bars were somewhat fine, I would rate them 4. But the liquid chocolate was rather lacking. Normally Mexican chocolate is overfilled with "canela" (cinnamon), and it does not serve it any good at all because it gets an artificial taste of some semi-chocolate from a bad factory. Well, we tried some superb chocolate in Museum de Chocolate in San Cristobal de las Casas, but here in Mayordomo it is only average.