Pretty hotel with great location. The hotel is located right behind the Santo Domingo and is a few blocks away from the Zocalo. The 1st class bus stop is also just a few blocks away. The staff does not speak much english, but were very nice and helpful.
We stayed in a double room which was spacious and nicely decorated. But the bathroom was very small and not very clean. The shower had a lot of mold and the water temperature was not constant. Also the bathroom has no fan, instead it has a window which opens into the reception lobby !
The rooms are not very sound proof, so we could hear other guests till late in the night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Casa de los Frailes has 14 rooms on two floors developed architectural colonial style decoration, regional characteristic of Oaxaca, the corridors kept the prototype of the original architecture of the nineteenth century Oaxaca, which are being complemented by blacksmiths and crafts that make a very pleasant environment for guests.The Casa de los Frailes is located near the majestic temple and cultural center of Santo Domingo in the exclusive area of the city, ideal if you come to a wedding, just a few minutes of pleasant walk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Casa de los Frailes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Los Frailes Hotel Oaxaca
- Casa De Los Frailes Oaxaca