My wife and I are always very polite when staying at hotels and rarely complain or leave bad reviews, but we feel compelled to do so for Casa de los Frailes. We arrived at almost 11pm on the Thursday before Good Friday and were advised by the receptionist that our reservation was not on their system. We had our confirmation email from them (sent to us after 2 weeks waiting for it) which included the reservation number they had given us. They said that they still could not accommodate us as they were full. No amount of polite explanation regarding our confirmation from them, or that the good hotels would be full as tomorrow was Good Friday, helped our situation. They said they could find us alternative accomodation but refused to pay for any of it. They showed no empathy for our situation at all and we were left feeling rather pushed to one side. They did, however, book us into a nice hotel called Hostal de los Pilares which we recommend highly (They didn't lose our booking, which was an improvement on Casa de los Frailes). The next morning, the management at Los Frailes had a change of heart (possibly due to us advising them that we would be leaving honest feedback on this website) and offered to pay for one night of our accommodation at Hostal de los Pilares and a tour of Monte Alban. We had a lot of trouble contacting them beforehand to get our original confirmation email and more trouble on arrival. We cannot vouch for the quality of the rooms etc, but our advice is to get as much confirmation as possible that you are actually booked in before travelling to this hotel. (We were confirmed twice!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Casa de los Frailes has 14 rooms on two floors developed architectural colonial style decoration, regional characteristic of Oaxaca, the corridors kept the prototype of the original architecture of the nineteenth century Oaxaca, which are being complemented by blacksmiths and crafts that make a very pleasant environment for guests.The Casa de los Frailes is located near the majestic temple and cultural center of Santo Domingo in the exclusive area of the city, ideal if you come to a wedding, just a few minutes of pleasant walk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotel.de and Evoline ltd so you can book your Casa de los Frailes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Los Frailes Hotel Oaxaca
- Casa De Los Frailes Oaxaca