Hotel Trebol
HIExpress.com
US$184
US$139
Agoda.com
Hotel Del Marquesado(Oaxaca)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$56
All reviewsbenito juarezgreat locationfloor standing fansmall coffee shophot waterbalcony doorchilaquilesyogurtreception areaquiet roomcomfortable roomstiny roomincluding breakfastold colonialgarden courtyardwalking distancevery nice hotel
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I went to Oaxaca for New Year's eve, and I was looking for a well located hotel in the middle of the downtown with a reasonable price. When I first arrived to the downtown, I was worried about the noise and all the movement around the hotel, but once you're inside is like you are in other corner. The hotel is very quiet and also has a traditional and cozy decoration. The personnel is very nice and they have amenities like Wifi and some fruit and coffee for the breakfast that is included in the rate.
I booked the "King Room" and I have to say that it was a beautiful and very large room with a beautiful dining room beside the bed. Is a very good option due to the low cost and great facilities and location.

Room Tip: The King Rooms are in the quieter area of the hotel and for the cost worth it.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Problems all the time. First: room facing to the street, really loud, wc did not work. They "repaired" it and of course did not work. I asked to change our room and even though they had a lot of empty rooms they just offered one which was interior, no light and loud, because there was a light/air entrance which was making the room noisy as well. All rooms without curtains blocking the light.... Well, I complained again and asked to give us a better room after all the problems. First, we have to discuss 30min to change to that one, as she wanted us to stay in a room without wc, I asked her to call the manager and she did....but she said "you book a standard room so there is only that one left".Then I realized that they don't have any idea about the business. In every single hotel if there any problem they have to offer something better, Well in that case she wanted us to stay in a room without wc, then discussing to get another room, and that one also noisy and small.....when I say small is that a double bed is for two mini persons, otherweise you can't turn, and therefore not sleep. Well, I asked her to get a better room, that I would even pay myself the upgrade and she still said no, tonight she can't do any change because we used the room. Hello? We did not even touch anything. This receptionist, night shift 8Nov should just be somewhere else..... We woke up at 5, packed and book another hotel. This hotel looks nice, the patio, the building inside but once you get in....ear plugs etc and as that one did not want to help at all, being rude. etc the experience was bad. just the receptionist we had during check in was friendly. And it doesn't matter if the room is standard or better, the light comes in always

Room Tip: well....looks really nice but sleep quality is not good at all. Double beds are too small, we are not tall, no big and we could not turn....
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank HighQuality
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We stayed for 11 days over El Dia de los Muertos. Our stay was amazing. Only 1 block from the zocalo! The hotel has several courtyards, is extremely clean, full of gorgeous art and flowers and very quiet. They created an amazing Day of the Dead ofrenda in the entry way. If you need some help to get around you can get great information from Carmen who runs the travel office right inside the Hotel Trebol. Also conveniently located is the Second Class Bus Station (seven blocks straight our from the hotel). From that bus station you can get to all Oaxacan valley towns. Or simply catch a colletivo right outside the bus stop.
We had a great stay, enjoyed the hotel as a respite from the busy town. Staff will have fresh fruit, coffee, yoghurt and bread ready for breakfast. At about 26 dollars a night the value is simply amazing. We lacked nothing, had plenty of hot water and fresh sheets and towels daily as well as plenty free bottle water and little chocolates on our pillows :). We highly recommend this place!
Did I mention the cake vendors right outside the doors or the several chocolate stores on the same street? The main covered market and the Artisan market are also right outside...

Room Tip: Rooms in the back area off the second courtyard is super quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tacomaize
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Booked 3 nights over the day of the dead at this place.

First problem was they started sending me emails saying there was a problem with my credit card and to re-enter and submit details via the booking company I used. After the third time called the booking agent to find out that hotel Trebol had overbooked rooms and instead of letting us know and cancelling they were trying to get out of their contract to honor the room by saying there was a problem with the card. The booking agent was able to offer an alternative (more expensive) hotel for the original rate.

Then after returning from Mexico I noticed on my credit card bill hotel Trebol had charged the 3 nights, despite never having accepted the original booking and having had the booking cancelled by the agent. The hotel claim they cannot refund the money, but must make a request through their bank, but 2 weeks on and still no sign of a refund. I would highly recommend dealing cash only if you want to stay at this place.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank Paul S
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Can't fault this place. Lots of lovely touches. No breakfast included but as much complimentary fresh fruit as you could eat with cereal and yoghurt. Staff friendly and very accommodating.
Would love to go back to Oaxaca and would definitely stay her again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family