“Absolutely Loved the Ollin”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Oaxaca Ollin

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oaxaca
Oaxaca Ollin
Ranked #1 of 127 Oaxaca B&B and Inns
Australia
“Absolutely Loved the Ollin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2007

The most enjoyable stay i had in the 2 weeks i was in Mexico, I was on a tight schedule and unfortunately only had 2 days in Oaxaca and so wished i had made time for more.
From the first point of contact over the internet with the owners John and Judith, i knew i was going to enjoy myself. They informed me on things to do and see and organised a local guide to drive us around which was a blessing, there is sooo much to do and see and it is such a beautiful city.
The Ollin is located just 2 blocks from the centre of town which was perfect.
The Ollin Bed and Breakfast was fabulous, we were welcomed by 3 of the staff who were lovely, the rooms were very clean, comfy and had a true mexican style to them (mosaic tiles, carved wooden bed, mexican blankets etc) there is a nice pool to cool off after a day of sightseeing and the home area is a great place to meet other travellers and listen to John tell a few of his own, you may even be lucky as we were and be offered a sip of his own barreled and distilled Mezcal (puts hairs on your chest) but enjoyable all the same. The breakfast was lovely, pastries are devine and mexican fare delicious.
I can't say enough about this bed and breakfast, i highly recommend it and hope to be back again one day. Thankyou John and Judith, and next time i will teach you how to eat those Tim Tams properley :)

• Liked — felt welcome and at home
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
San Jose, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2007

Stayed nearly three weeks at Oaxaca Ollin and hated to leave this home away from home. From hosts Jon and Judith to other staff members, this place is more welcoming than any place I have stayed in my Mexico travels of the past 17 years. Very comfortable rooms, lovely new pool, fine little library with excellent books on Oaxaca and Mexico, and delicious breakfasts every morning! Beautiful days now in Oaxaca, and location of Oaxaca Ollin an easy walk to every site I wanted to visit in the city. Stayed here in February of 2006 and this time loved it even more. My highest recommendation!

• Liked — location and friendliness of staff
  • Disliked — all was excellent; no complaints
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled solo
1 Thank AbuelitoPJ
Nanaimo, B.C.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2007

My husband and I just returned from Mexico and during our trip we spent 11 nights at this wonderful B&B "Oaxaca Ollin". Jon, Judith and their staff do a superb job of making you feel very welcome. The rooms are comfortable and well appointed with beautiful linens and small touches like fresh flowers. We would not hesitate to recommend Oaxaca Ollin to anyone.

Stayed January 2007
2 Thank SophieNanaimo
San Diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2007

This bed and breakfast is a must. I recently stayed there with my wife and found it so friendly and accomodating, I've been telling everyone how great it was. The owners make you feel like family and can help you out to find the real sights and sounds of oaxaca. Their food is excellent and very authentic. I've travelled all over mexico and Ollin of Oaxaca is as good as it gets.

Stayed January 2007
Calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2007

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at Casa Ollin from January 6th to 13th, 2007. Jon and Judith were wonderful hosts and they and all of their staff made sure our stay in Oaxaca was one to fondly remember. The rooms were immaculate and very comforable and spacious. Breakfast in the morning was always a treat as we got got sample Sofie's cooking - some of the best in Oaxaca in our opinion. Jon and Judith provided excellent advice on restaurants and provided valuable insights for our tours through the Valley of Oaxaca. With their guidance we were able to visit the workshops of some of the finest indigenous artisans in the Valley. On our next visit to Oaxaca, my wife and I will definitely be returning to Casa Ollin.

• Liked — quality of sevice and rooms
  • Disliked — church bells in the morning
  • Stayed January 2007
brisbane australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2006

Myself and my husband wanted a unique honeymoon, we went through oaxaca then cancun and on to costa rica. I contacted Jon and Judith via email to book a room for the stay in Oaxaca, unfortuneatly the timing was not great and we were caught up in the unrest that this beautiful place has been experiencing, but in all honesty we would still consider the stay a highlight of our 7 week honeymoon even though we had to leave early...... the owners and staff of this gorgeous bed and breakfast are top of the range!!!!! they will treat you like longtime friends but still respect your privacy. The meals we were eating every morning were local to the area and i must say I have been dreaming of the food ever since!!! When the truoble became worse they made sure we got out safely and have even stayed in touch since. The room was huge and the bed was comfy and a king, location wise it is fantastic, only a 5 min walk into the Zocalo, which personally i would not want to stay to close to anyway. The staff are amazing and above all else the price was great value, jon is fluent in spanish and Judith is fluent in english so that was also a benefit for 2 aussies stuggling with the language. We will definately make the long journey back there and would only ever be stying at the Ollin!!!

• Liked — the people the location the food
  • Disliked — leaving
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled as a couple
2 Thank aussiemojo
charleston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2006

We just returned Friday from Oaxaca. We stayed at the Oaxaca Ollin B&B and had a wonderful experience! Our hosts and their staff made us feel so welcome and were always available to help. I had chosen this inn because of the great reviews and I have to add our voices. Because of the "difficulties" in Oaxaca we wanted to stay somewhere that could help if we needed it. We never encountered any scary situations, although we were there during Revolutionary Day Nov. 20, when there were some protests but we were out touring the countryside so only heard about it from the staff. Our experience was a completely positive one and I urge travelers to visit Oaxaca, such a wonderfully friendly and charming place. The breakfasts at Ollin were different oaxacan specialties every day, served to us by Sophie, a wonderful cook and the hosts, John and/or Judith, always were available to help us with suggestions for planning our days. All in all we were very, very pleased.

• Liked — friendliness and service of owners and staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't believe negative reviews from people don't live in community or have visited there
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled as a couple