Hotel Boutique Parador San Miguel Oaxaca
Hotel Trebol(Oaxaca)(Great Value!)
US$40
US$33
Hotels.com
Hotel Del Marquesado(Oaxaca)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$56
All reviewscaged birdsrestaurant staffbusy streettwo blockshandmade soapscentral locationstandard roomjacuzzi tubsmall hotelmain squaretour companywonderful restaurantfirst floorno liftfront desk staffloved this hotellots of hot water
Reviewed 13 March 2013

We stayed here for two weeks while we took Spanish lessons at Becari. It was the perfect location - close to the zocolo, museums and restaurants, so we walked everywhere. We had a room at the back that was very quiet. The rooms open on to patios or hallways. The ones in the front are not as quiet. There are caged birds on the patios that sing all day long. I liked hearing them; they are not parrots that screech. We had a suite because it had a table that both of us could use for our lessons. It had lots of room and was very comfortable and clean. The maids brought fresh flowers. Wi-fi is everywhere. The restaurant is moderately-priced and has good food. We ate there much of the time because by the end of the day we were too exhausted to go out anywhere. The entire staff was helpful and friendly. We'd stay here again if we were to come back to Oaxaca.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quieter. There is no elevator, but always someone to carry your luggage.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2013

The PSM is a terrific little property in a fabulous location (less than half a block from the Zocalo). Spotlessly clean, attractively furnished, wonderful staff and a truly Colonial atmosphere make this gem of a hotel one of the best in every respect. I have stayed in this hotel on previous visits to Oaxaca and would not hesitate to return.

Room Tip: Rooms toward the back of the building will be quieter - away from the street and restaurant.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rockhampton
Parad0rSanMiguelO, Gerente at Hotel Boutique Parador San Miguel Oaxaca, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2013

Thank you for your preference, is great to know that your stay was enjoyable, your comments will helps us to achieve our quality goals, we really look forward your visit in a near future.
truly,

Reviewed 13 December 2012

Excellent front desk service. Parking is extra and several blocks away. This hotel is on the main street entering Oaxaca, only two blocks from the Zocalo. We chose a room at the rear as we wanted to avoid the street noise. The rooms are nicely decorated but the hotel is noisy and the rooms which face into the courtyard have glass windows in the doors. I jerry rigged a bath towel over the door to provide a degree of darkness.

The rooms could do with a desk and chair for writing and computer use. The wasn't an alarm clock in our room. Good shower.... no bath. Average overall impression. Good restaurant.

Room Tip: Select a room at the back if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DGL1
Reviewed 14 November 2012

We stayed at this hotel for just under a week and on the last night had to move rooms, into suite for one night so experienced 2 rooms. ( we knew this may happen beforehand so no problem).

The rooms are large and spacious. The beds are WIDE and comfortable. Everything was very clean and the chamber maids arranged a towel into animal shapes every evening - very time consuming. Shower was hot and good pressure - so all happy.

I found the decor to be a little dated - there was freshness missing from them. The rooms we stayed in were also rather dark, the suite being worse, Furthermore, with the suite the bathroom window faced the opp. rooms bathroom window and we could hear every belch n burp from there. The Headboard was against the restaurant kitchen, and every time they were washing up it was a cacophony and we had to actually complain about the noise at about 10pm on the last night. Not being a morning person, it was a little noisy first thing in restaurant with singer and guitar and outside traffic, and birds tweeting and guests chatting etc. so I'd loose the singing first thing in the morning.

The staff are super friendly though, especially the female manager. She was super super great. The other staff didn't seem to stop cleaning either, the bird cages and corridors etc. Very hardworking.
The restaurant was good - things did get quiet at about 10pm in the main areas. Location was ok - being on a busy street but at least central.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank migmoggins
Reviewed 8 November 2012

Spent nine nights at this lovely and charming hotel at the end of October. I'm so glad that it was highly recommended to me and I'm happy to report that it lived up to my expectations and more! Traveled solo - I don't speak Spanish and I found it extremely cozy and friendly. The staff is terrific - very helpful and accommodating. They really strive to offer first class service in a delighful, but unpretentious environment. They even have bubble wrap at the ready that they gladly offered up as I was packing the fragile goodies I purchased during my travels. I adored hearing the beautiful chirping birds in the morning and sitting in the lovely courtyard. Room was large and comfy - I was on the ground floor -the first room. Flat screen TV with sooo many channels - not that I was there to watch TV, but I appreciated the many options in English. While they don't yet have CNN International, I'm told they are planning to add it to their package. As mentioned in other reviews, the towels shaped into adorable animals by the talented housekeeping staff were a daily delight - as were the flowers and chocolates placed in my room. It's perfectly located - just two blocks from the Zocola and a few blocks from the Soledad church. Muchas gracias to Jorge, Uriel, Mayra, Mariana, Judith, and all the wonderful staff who made my stay so special. Big thumbs up for Parador San Miguel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo