Why wife, 21 month-old son and I stayed at the B&B for 5 nights at the end of March. We loved the breakfasts (very tasty, with a different dish every morning); we slept very well at night (thanks, in large part, to some open windows and a ceiling fan-- even though temps during the day were in the 90's, our room was much more comfortable at night than our stay in a more northern city's hotel room with air conditioning); Maria was very nice-- and gave my wife a recommendation for a spa treatment that she absolutely loved; we found the common spaces (especially the upstairs patio with hammocks) to be very comfortable and inviting.
We found it a little removed from the city's center (about a 10 minute walk to zocalo) and the traffic noise was a little loud sometimes (the B&B is on a bit of a busy street). These are things out of Maria's control.
As a side note, our son had a few meltdowns during a few of our afternoons at the B&B. Not fun for us, and I'm sure not fun for anyone who was in the building. Maria never mentioned it, and was always very kind and welcoming. We greatly appreciate this fact, and hope that we will be welcome at her B&B in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A quaint hotel that has a different, fun feel to it. Our guests enter and lounge just as they would at home, made easy by our personalized attention and warm environment. We enjoy spoiling you with a morning breakfast, hearty and healthy, as well as providing an orientation upon your arrival to this wonderful town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your El Diablo y la Sandia Libres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Diablo y La Sandia Hotel Oaxaca
- El Diablo y La Sandia Bed And Breakfast